ZC motor in Series 1 Civic

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Mark_Moddy
Forum Regular

ZC motor in Series 1 Civic

Postby Mark_Moddy » Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:45 pm

Someone on the group mentioned a ZC motor in a Series 1 Civic.

I can't find the posting.

Could the poster please contact me.
I'd like some photos if possible.

Thanks

Mark
(0417) 604 426

[email protected]

tegracer
Forum Regular

Re: ZC motor in Series 1 Civic

Postby tegracer » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:43 pm

I have done one.
it was a very tight fit and we had fouling problems between the chassis rail and the alternator.

I do not have photos on file but could get some .

It was in a circuit race car and the bulkhead was already moved back to accomodate twin dcoe webbers.

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:46 pm

tegracer:
Did you use a black top or a gold top ZC? Can you send me some pics too because i am currently weighing that up as one of the options for my new civic. Hopefully it will be easier with the longer front 1500 that i have!

John_S.
Forum Enthusiast

Postby John_S. » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:00 pm

You have to cut the car up to my mind, rather severely to fit one in. I would say if you are starting with a body which was pretty far gone and you are resurrecting it then hey, do what ever you want to it. But if you are starting with a rust free solid 1st Gen, then I would never cut a car like that up to that extreme. Plus it really is not the kind of a thing to do unless you over engineer all the necessary changes...it IS a lot of motor to put in one of these little cars.  ;)

John_S.
Forum Enthusiast

Postby John_S. » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:02 pm

Oh yeah, Colza, I think that is the motor Justin has in his HOT 1st Gen Wagon on the 1200 site...check the achives over there for it.

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:07 pm

Nah Justin's is a SOHC VTEC D series. This is a DOHC non-VTEC. And I was hoping that with the longer 1500 nose that I could get away without too much chopping. And as i said, the future of this fine vehicle is yet to be decided ;)

Charles
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Charles » Sun May 01, 2005 9:29 pm

You can fit the ZC in without cutting the firewall. The front crossmember needs quite heavy chopping as does the LHS chassis rail. Leigh Holman (Cairns) put one in a road car some time back (12 yrs). He fabricated mounts to replicate the fitting in an integra. It was a bit of a squeeze but looked like it was supposed to go in there.

We discussed the option of fitting one with turbo. Hmm still dreams about the old SB1s.

Return to “General”