radiator problems

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
chris
Forum Participant

radiator problems

Postby chris » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:20 am

i seem to have a problem with my radiator because the water bottle has filled up with coolant right to the top and so im told that there must be a block in the radiator and that i need to drain it.....only thing is i have no idea how to! any advice would be much appreciated!

turbocab
Donating Member

Re: radiator problems

Postby turbocab » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:13 pm

see my recent post coolant change,that should sort you out

chris
Forum Participant

Postby chris » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:01 pm

will do! cheers!

campbell
Forum Enthusiast

Postby campbell » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:12 pm

Chris,

Is this all that's happened?  For the coolant bottle to fill, there's usually something amiss deep inside the engine.

How's the underside of the oil filler cap?  How's the oil level and colour?

Don't want to worry you unduly, but if it's pushing coolant out, you run the risk of overheating.  How was the level in the radiator?

It's possible that the seal under the radiator cap isn't sealing properly and not sucking back when the engine cools down.  The cure for this is a new radiator cap.  Cheaper than a blown head gasket from running dry.

regards,
Campbell

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:04 pm

[quote author=campbell link=board=GEN;num=1118794812;start=0#3 date=06/16/05 at 20:12:48]It's possible that the seal under the radiator cap isn't sealing properly and not sucking back when the engine cools down.  The cure for this is a new radiator cap.[/quote]

This was the cause when my car had this problem. Before you try a new radiator cap, just pull it off and give it a clean. If it gets a bit of grit underneath that rubber flap then it wont seal properly. Give it a good rinse in water while lifting that rubber bit up to shift anything out from under there.

chris
Forum Participant

Postby chris » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:28 pm

thanx for all the help guys! it turned out that it was infact the radiator cap! tried cleaning it but didnt make a difference, so got a new one and its all good to go! cheers for the help again guys!  ;D

Return to “General”