I bought a pro T on the weekend

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
doggystyle
Forum Addict

Re: I bought a pro T on the weekend

Postby doggystyle » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:10 am

[quote author=bigelboe link=board=GEN;num=1123472631;start=0#11 date=08/10/05 at 06:34:57]Maybe with a steel crank, titanium rods, Hyper-Alloy Pistons. Titanium valve-springs, titanium valves. the biggest valves you can put in there and a big huffer.[/quote]

yeh well the main restriction is breathing, valves, throttle body etc... with bigger valves and big t body should make it go way better, i reckon the pistons could handle 200kw... the only reasons ones gone down was cause of leanage, stop that and your halfway there(sort of).... we managed to get about 250hp out of a 67 hp motor with standard internals... the only reason it died was cause of over revving(b end bolt stretch), i think a full arp stud and bolt set would fix that too....i'm back in about a year... with a bit of cash.... maybe i'll have a go ;D

EDIT: ..... after a year back in melbs ;)

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:14 am

Yeah I went for all the mental internals so you could over-rev it. The thing about the head is, wthout going to DOHC you cant really fit any bigger valves in. In my head the valves overlap out of the circle of the piston alreay and almost touch in the middle.

There just isn't the room to do it captain!

I tihnk your money would be better spent building a EL or an EN. I especially like the idea of the EN turbo because its crossflow.

If you want to pursue the city turbo avenue, I might have a manifold you can use, I inherited colza's one with the massive 65mm throttle body, its quite the beast.

BOOSTBOY
Forum Addict

Postby BOOSTBOY » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:11 am

Yes, there is only so much you can do with a 66mm bore!

James

Postby James » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:26 pm

Yeah, I could have just said that :P.

I guess if you got funky with a milling machine you could mill out the cylinder liners and chuck in some stronger but thinner ones, and run a slightly bigger bore.

Then you could de-stroke it a bit, to try and get it a bit squarer. It wouldn't be as nice to drive but it would make more power.

Or you could just start with an engine with more potential, like an EL or EN or EK or EB3

BOOSTBOY
Forum Addict

Postby BOOSTBOY » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:11 pm

Yeah that's right

Someone should start a thread on the ultimate dream ER based engine.. .  .  .

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:21 pm

[quote author=BOOSTBOY link=board=GEN;num=1123472631;start=15#19 date=08/11/05 at 14:11:01]Yeah that's right

Someone should start a thread on the ultimate dream ER based engine.. .  .  .

[/quote]

Why not just slightly work the engine, then drop another one in, seems like a cheaper and simpler option  ;) Plus you get the benefit of 4 wheel drive  ;)

James

Postby James » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:09 pm

There would be a significant amount of buggering around to do that aswell.

Where do you put the fuel tank?

How do you connect one gearstick to two boxes? One facing the right way and one backwards.

Where do you put the second radiator?

I think if you stuck an engine in the back, you would get rid of the one in the front, well thats what Im gonna do when I eventually get around to my mid-engined beast.

Possibly put a sub mounted in the firewall facing into the cabin, that would be nifty.

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:53 pm

[quote author=bigelboe link=board=GEN;num=1123472631;start=15#21 date=08/11/05 at 16:09:43]There would be a significant amount of buggering around to do that aswell.

Where do you put the fuel tank?

How do you connect one gearstick to two boxes? One facing the right way and one backwards.

Where do you put the second radiator?

I think if you stuck an engine in the back, you would get rid of the one in the front, well thats what Im gonna do when I eventually get around to my mid-engined beast.

Possibly put a sub mounted in the firewall facing into the cabin, that would be nifty.[/quote]

Not as much buggering around as your suggesting modifying the engine!!!!. And the cost difference would be worth it

Fuel tank? Fuel tanks are small, wouldnt be to hard.

Gearbox would be the tricky one, but im sure it can be done. Im a kiwi, we are good with stuff like that :P

raditor, large gaping vents in the side.

Im really talking about a racing car here, not a daily driver.

And it has been done before, in Japan, so it is possible  ;D

James

Postby James » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:16 pm

Yeah but that car was a f**king mess, I wouldn't be seen dead driving that piece.

Making a race car is cheating, the real challenge in building a car is to make it comfortable to daily drive, and still fast enough to screw ferrari's.

If you want decent range in a twin motor thing, your gonna need quite a bit of fuel, 40 litres in the stock city tank, modified engies, hauling more weight, your gonna want about 70-80 litres of fuel, not really that insignificant.

Its been done, but it wasn't done well in my opinion.

Once you start trying to make something like this road legal, and above all, comfortable enough to drive daily, thats where your massive costs and time is gonna come in, will add up to far more that a worked city engine.

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:28 am

i dont think sticking another in the back wouldnt be as hard as you think... you'd mainly need to strengthen the rear frame to accomodate  the extra power and weight.. linking the gearboxes wouldnt be hard, gas and cooling  also wouldnt be hard... just take time and fabrication.... and of course a little money

Return to “General”