Ultimate city turbo motor

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
James
Moderator / Donating Member

Re: Ultimate city turbo bolt in motor

Postby James » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:17 pm

Nice calcs Boostboy, damn thats not a very long timeframe is it.

So to make it worthwhile, it would probably have to get across 8mm in 1mS without destroying the valve.

I think very strong and light titanium valves might help with the intertia part. Making them as short as possible would aswell.

BOOSTBOY
Forum Addict

Re: Ultimate city turbo motor

Postby BOOSTBOY » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:20 pm

What about electromagnets?  Combining electro magnetic acuation and pnuematic springs/valve cusions?

James

Postby James » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:03 pm

One of those links had a discussion on that method.

BMW is going that way, they are developing a 48volt system for their cars so they can run solenoid actuated valves.

Thats an idea really, you could combine two technologies already well developed, the pnematic springs of formula one, which would be controlling apetures rather than actually trying to force stuff around, and solenoids, which you would just keep pumping more current through until it went fast enough.

It would be fairly heavy tho, 16 decent coils in the head, prolly about the same as two big metal sticks tho i guess  :P

It would be relatively easy to build a prototype for that system aswell, just on a one cylinder lawnmower engine or something, easy as to mill up a head when you dont have water channels or oil channels.

BOOSTBOY
Forum Addict

Postby BOOSTBOY » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:05 pm

ok im getting a headache thinking about this.  I'll think about it over the weekend.

James

Postby James » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:16 pm

Oh oh i just thought of a good thing for damping the end of the valves motion, Magnetorehilogical(sp?) fluid, the stuff that liquid, then when you put a magnetic field through it, it goes viscous, i wonder what its response time is...

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:53 am

why not just run the springless valve system which uses   double ened rocker that manually opens and shuts the valve without ues of a spring(has one rocker opening and one shutting), no bounce, unlimited revs, then run an auxillary set of electromagnetic/pnematic valves to adjust the airflow cycle accordingly

James

Postby James » Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:31 pm

Man I am already getting the craving for more cubes, I want an EL in my car and I want it now!

James

Postby James » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:10 am

Looks like I did remember wrong, the cylinders are siamesed together, but with a lot more room between them than I thought, you could get a bit of an overbore.

http://www.cityturbo.com/gallery/albums/album05/DSCF0030.jpg

Return to “General”