Something different

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
K1W1
Donating Member

Something different

Postby K1W1 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:20 am

Got any comments /thoughts on this ?

http://www.turbonator.com/index.html

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Re: Something different

Postby James » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:09 pm

Well, I have a feeling in a turbo it would probably make very little difference unless you were running close to the peak amount of air to run in the turbo (like they do in rally cars with 32mm restrictors, they are specifically prohibited from putting vortex inducing shapes or anything before the restrictor because that would make the air slightly denser so a little more would fit through the same hole), and after the turbo I dont think it would hae any effect.

As for NASP, I wil have a think about it, gains of a couple of HP could be possible i guess.

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:34 pm

Would it nor restrict the flow for n/a?

John_S.
Forum Enthusiast

Postby John_S. » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:21 pm

OK,I have been watching the overly convincing commercials onTV for a year now, with all these "big" names saying how great it is  But just recently I read an article I think it was in "Motortrend"  magazine where they tested several of these wonder gimmics, and you know what? They ARE gimmics :D and Motortrend testers said they saw NO improvement from any of them and some of them even made things worse. What a surprise! ::)
I am afraid if you want to see better mileage you have to learn how to drive for better mileage and keep your car in excellant mechanical condition. ;D  I will say in addition however that certain areodynamic aids will help depending on the nature of the majority of your normal driving cycle, but there is no free lunch...sorry. ;D

John_S.
Forum Enthusiast

Postby John_S. » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:25 pm

Oh yeah, My old dad used to call things that got screwed up "discombobulated" So I strongly recommend not buying anything called the Discombobulator. ;D

Return to “General”