my mates T2

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
DR86
Forum Enthusiast

my mates T2

Postby DR86 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:35 pm

its the best i've seen in Brisbane.

It is so neat it makes me want to cry when I look at mine. Mines faster though...  ;)

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Re: my mates T2

Postby James » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:17 pm

hehe thats a very neat T2, thats one of the neatest i've ever seen outside Japan. Very tidyily done little flairs too.

Those are some bloody wicked wheels hes got there too, really nice and deep dish.  ;D

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:45 pm

thats gotta get some traction.... a... and handle like a weapon ;D

DR86
Forum Enthusiast

. Re: my mates T2

Postby DR86 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:39 pm

He picked it up for the usual Aus City price of $4000. Runs like a pig at the moment, misfires up in the rev range and yada yada. Suprisingly it still scrubs the rear wheels. Its stock top to bottom in the engine department, but he wants to mod it up a bit. I try to talk him out of it cause its so mint. And cause I'm gonna get it off him soon too :)

Also those wheels are 15x7s. About $2000 for them in the right offset, so the old owner said. The previous owner also gave him a box of parts, like a spare ECU.

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:31 pm

Hey thats cool!   Love the wheels n the flares!

Havent seen it around Brisbane, where abouts is it living?!?

Whats the badging off looks like a Renault turbo badge or something!?!?

DR86
Forum Enthusiast

Postby DR86 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:51 pm

Smithy,

He lives around Browns Plains, south side. Looks so much better in person. Dunno about the badge though...

One of his tyres popped on the way to work today too. Didn't want to tell him the cost of replacing one of those. Poor bugger.

Gonna try replacing his ignition module with mine to see if it will rectify the misfiring, sounds ignition related. As for my T2, its sitting at the back of someones house getting rusty by the day. I feel sorry for it. I'll come up with something to do to it eventually. I want it to be one of those,"...I decided to give it a fresh coat of paint..." rebuilds and do something radical to it. Other wise might sell it off. Dunno...

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:12 pm

I can imagine he'd be pissed about the tyre!

Was it flared hwne he got it, does he have any of the cars known history!?!  maybe stiffer springs/swaybars woudl stop the tyre scrub?!

With yours you should take mould of the front guards/arches and take the super flared CityTurbo racer jap style route for the car!  would be slick!..then ou can always  swap um back.

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:18 am

Personnally im not to fond of the flairs, but i can appreciate the workmenship involved :) but they defentitly work well with those wheels, they look awsome!

Overall a very tidy car  :D

Just one question for all the aussie guys, i keep noticing the indicator lights on the front bumper are white and orange as oposed to all orange, is this a legal requirement???  

Henry

Postby Henry » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:16 pm

Orange is indicator, white is parking light. This is on whenever the headlight is on and stays on if the headlight blows, making it still recognisable as a car and not a bike.

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:25 pm

[quote author=Henry link=board=GEN;num=1121682916;start=0#8 date=07/21/05 at 20:16:55]Orange is indicator, white is parking light. This is on whenever the headlight is on and stays on if the headlight blows, making it still recognisable as a car and not a bike.[/quote]

Cool didn't know that, but then why do all the NZ T2's have full orange lights and no white bits? I just thought it might be an aussie law or something ???

And sorry for steering the thread of topic  ::)

James

Postby James » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:35 pm

I have seen T2's in NZ with the half white half orange.

My civic also has the half white half orange styles.

campbell
Forum Enthusiast

Postby campbell » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:25 pm

Hello,

Okay, so it's good to know that that car is still getting around.  Even with all of that extra drag, it always got better economy than mine.  He could average better than 8 l/100 per tank.

But the real downside with those tyres?  A real bugger on wet roads.  Aquaplane on a heavy dew.  And what's steering loads when parking.  His wife hated that bit, but then she had a darling little second series City anyway.

It's good to see that the paint work has been toned down a little.  And the misfire has been present for a couple of years, but he never came to us to sort it out.  Pity that.

regards,
Campbell

Turbo3
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Turbo3 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:46 pm

Hey guys,
Badge is off a Saab. Just saw one today and thought it looked familiar! Certainly looks a pretty cool car  ;D
Pete 8)

gen_1_civic

Postby gen_1_civic » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:34 pm

that thng is pretty darn nice if i say so myself

Return to “General”