Power Steering

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
wkthyk
Forum Regular

Power Steering

Postby wkthyk » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:33 am

Just a crazy question~ is that possible to add power steering into a T2? cause the steering is too heavy for my girlfriend.

turbocab
Donating Member

Re: Power Steering

Postby turbocab » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:46 pm

send the little lady to the gym :P
enything is possible but ide say it would cost an arm and a leg

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:54 pm

yeah, make sure your tires are inflated to their maximum cold pressure. When I do that to my tires which are 205's I can turn the wheel with one finger

wkthyk
Forum Regular

Postby wkthyk » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:59 am

Got a replied quote from a shop in Sydney, he quoted for roughly $1200 for converting to powersteering.  ;D With powersteering you can put a big fat tyre on your City and still able to park your car in shopping center.

James

Postby James » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:56 am

I have big fat tire on my civic and can still park with ease...

wkthyk
Forum Regular

Postby wkthyk » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:09 am

I want to put the 255/40/R17 tyres onto City from my skyline (Kidding)  ;D .
By the way do you guys know where can I find D01J or AD07 tyres in Sydney? and what is the wheel offest for City? I want to check the availability of tyres first before I ask someone help me to order wheels from Japan. Now the tyre on my car is 185 A539 tyres, last few days I tried a few runs and I think it slides quite a lot in corners.

mequetrefe

Postby mequetrefe » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:31 am

Don't let your girl drive your car.

wkthyk
Forum Regular

Postby wkthyk » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:45 am

She is the real big fans of City. I tried to find a good T2 in Sydney since the end of last year, originally I gave up to find T2 last month and get an AE86 instead, but she stopped me. Now she even force me selling my skyline and mod this T2...  :P

by the way I think power steering is a good step for future mods with fatter tyres and coilovers. I have a test run with my car last week in some hilly roads, although the tyres now is only 185R13, I still feel hard to turn in some low speed sharp corners.

Now the only concern is I am worrying the powersteering pump will draw too much votage and where to put the powersteering pump.

James

Postby James » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:42 pm

Power steering pumps usually run off the alternator belt not an electric motor.

Your car shouldnt be hard to turn when the tires are pumped up to the correct pressure.

Quite often people modifying newer honda's get rid of the power steering in favour of non-assisted steerings better feel and more feedback from the road. I know exactly what type of surface I am diving on through my steering wheel, and thats helps me know how much traction that surface has.

In my opinion if you want a car that has bells and whistles like abs and power steering, go buy a newer honda and turbo it. If you want a car that is fun as hell to drive hard and goes surprisingly quick even on a tight budget then stick with your city.

Just my 2 cents ;D

wkthyk
Forum Regular

Postby wkthyk » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:08 pm

ya I think I need sometime to get with this little car, and I will tell my girlfriend go to Gym...  ;D

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:55 pm

yeah you tell her ;D
who wears the pants enyway :P(by the sounds of it she does,making you sell the skyline ::)  :'()

Return to “General”