Lower Control Arm

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Colza
Forum Addict

Lower Control Arm

Postby Colza » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:32 pm

Hey yall, long time no see ;D

Could someone please take a photo of their T2 lower control arm for me? Its the bit of suspension that goes parallel to the bumper and attatches to the bottom of the hub. Its the attatchment to the bottom of the hub that im really interested in.

Aactually if anyone has a spare one thats not bolted up, a photo of that would also be good 8)

THANKYOU!  :-*

kartracer
Forum Regular

Re: Lower Control Arm

Postby kartracer » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:12 pm

hey if no ones taken a photo by friday i'll do it  :) last uni exam then hehe.

wkthyk
Forum Regular

Postby wkthyk » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:12 pm

May I ask... does the lower control arm (or tension rod) on a City same as compapitable with any other car such as the old Civic? If yes it may possible to find a adjustable pillow ball type rod, which helps the handling quite a lot.

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:38 pm

Dont worry about it anymore, i took a gamble and  bought me a pair anyway ;)

Yes they are compatible with other civics but not without modification.

In comparison to my EB civic the arm is slightly longer (enough to cancel out my positive camber issues :D)

The ball joint has a different fitting to most Hondas and can only be used with City front hubs, the bonus is that it is much better in that you can actually get the f**ker off easily, Civic ones are tapered and get wedged on something chronic.

And the leading arm is attatched differently, it bolts to the top rather than going through the centre of the control arm. This means you have to use City leading arms, which are also slightly longer and need shortening by 40-50mm to make them fit.

The end result of all this?
I will very shortly have 4x100 hubs and City T2 calipers and vented disks in the front of my EB civic ;D

I love exam leave ;)

Return to “General”