Turbo timer

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Nateh
Forum Participant

Turbo timer

Postby Nateh » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:32 am

Hey guys,

I have bought a FET TB-307 turbo timer from pick a part which I ripped out of a legacy.

Have been trying to put it in and get it to work but altho it keeps its memory (ie. how many mins to keep car running for), as soon as I turn engine off it dies and doesnt do its job.

I have not connected the handbrake wire up yet but I had it plugged into the constant 12V with the red power wire from timer and I have a feeling thats why its not working.

I have tried with the engine running for various times and wonder if the timer has to detect the engine running for a specific time before it works??

[Have just had a brainwave that mabye that handbrake wire has to be connected to the wire thats active when ignition is set to "on" as thats the only time the handbrake light is on???]

wkthyk
Forum Regular

Re: Turbo timer

Postby wkthyk » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:31 pm

Just try to earth the Handbrake safety wire. I am not sure the FET one, but I sure this work with all Trust, Blitz, R-spec and HKS timers.

Try to shift the timer into manual mode first, see if it is working. At manual mode the timer does not pick up rev data. If that's working, then shift to auto mode and check again. Usually the japanese turbo timers pick up revs automatically from voltage changes, so you don't need to connect the timer to ECU rev signal wire. But sometimes when the timer cannot detect the rev, you need to wire the timer to a rev signal from your ecu. this will different for different timers. Check the installation manual, there should be instruction for this case. Usually there is an extra wire from the timer that you have not connect to anything, that should be the rev signal. It is Orange colour in R-spec and purple for Blitz. I don't know the colour for a FET timer.

Nateh
Forum Participant

Re: Turbo timer

Postby Nateh » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:17 am

Got the turbo timer in yesterday and its doing its job well, it was weird, with only the power and ground hooked up I held down the select button till it beeped without changing time and then used a lightbulb to see what wire went where then wired it in.

Return to “General”