Lowering Spings HELP

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
whitecity
Forum Regular

Re: Lowering Spings HELP

Postby whitecity » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:00 pm

[quote author=Nateh link=board=GEN;num=1131765670;start=0#12 date=12/11/05 at 09:27:30]because when a apring is compressed the space between the "rings" on the spring is less, when the spring is cut the ring spacing stays the same as standard so the bounce the spring gives will be more as the space can compress that much more before the rings are touching.

Another way I can put it is if you think of the spring on your car when the wheel is up on a jack and it gets bigger and you can bounce the wheel up and down with your hands, then you think of it without the jack, how it is compressed a bit, then think of that as the "jacked" compression and think of how it would look off the jack again. Confused? Don't blame you.[/quote]

thanks nateh!  i understand it no prob.

i guess i was confused as i thought u guys are mentioning tehe shocks' travel. so i see now its the spring tat has less travel when compressed.  ;)

so i guess the travel on the shocks will be reduce no matter if springs are cut or compress. cause the springs are sitting lower. yea?

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:00 am

Sorry not for sale.

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:20 pm

Im pretty sure you must have some custom wound ones there city_cab, when kings stop production they keep the springs on catalog.

If you were feeling motivated you could measure the wire diameter, free height and number of coils and possibly even take a picture as future reference for those who want to get custom wound ones.

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:39 am

Ok, i will :)

All i need is a front set, then they go on the car.

Return to “General”