1992 honda city turbo

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
trevnutz

1992 honda city turbo

Postby trevnutz » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:40 pm

Hello All
I am new to this forum and I like honda city turbo's. I like the later honda city turbo I think it is called the honda city turbo 2 1985 onwards with the power increase. I may want to buy one of these but I look up on the net and it seems they are almost non existant. Did they build any city turbo's in australia? or are they all jap imports? I remember I was looking in the trading post and they had a honda city turbo 1992 model advertised is there any such thing? I looked in the honda city specs but it is a little hard to read so can any one tell me the specs as far as weight in Kg, torque and KW's go. I have an idea but other opinions matter.
Thanks ???

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Re: 1992 honda city turbo

Postby Hyperblade » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:50 pm

110hp, 730kg, 130 torque (from what i remember)

the T2 was from 1983 - 1986
T1 from 1981 - 1983

They are jdm (Japanese Domestic Market) only, so have been imported to aus and new zealand.

all this info can be found here in the info base.

http://www.cityturbo.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=FAQ

wkthyk
Forum Regular

Re: 1992 honda city turbo

Postby wkthyk » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:15 pm

In Australia, All City Turbos are imported, but NA city (City Pro-T) was actually sold by Honda locally long time ago.
City Turbos are extremely hard to source one in Australia because they are rare and old. I try to find it for half year and finally got my T2 in Sydney in October 2005 from a member in this forum. If you want to buy a city turbo, the best place would be here.
You also need to prepare that parts for city turbos are hard to source, and not many mechanics happy to repair this little cute box.

Return to “General”