oil line

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
robg
Forum Enthusiast

oil line

Postby robg » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:41 pm

im almost ready to put my head back on my motor but am just wanting to get everything sorted before i do.One problem is my turbo return line.is there and other point where i can have it going into?because my exhaust takes up most of the room there is in the left back corner of the engine and its making it difficult to see how i could get around it.also what can i use for piping .as it is i have a bit of hydraulic hose my old man had lying round clamped onto the origonal stell at the bottem. .
note -turbo is top mounted  (sitting right above/next to the side engine mount) + a 3" dowm pipe with screamer so theres not much room for a oil line to thread through

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Re: oil line

Postby James » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:22 pm

It can go anywhere that uses oilthats below the bottom of the turbo, you want a bit of incline in it too.

You can weld a new pipe anywhere in the sump prefereable above the level of the oil, cause otherwise youll get back pressure.

If I were you I would get some hi-temp silicon oil hose so i wasn't worried about it melting and then run it down.

robg
Forum Enthusiast

Postby robg » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:48 pm

ohk sweet.i was thinking of having it go directly down through the inner guard (making another guard for the pipe)and go sumwhere by the crank pully.

James

Postby James » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:30 pm

Cant really envisage what your doing, a picture might help.

robg
Forum Enthusiast

Postby robg » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:12 am

where is the oil level in the sump?ive welded the pipe on and it is just above the shelf bit on the front side of the engine

James

Postby James » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:24 pm

sounds silly but try putting the oil level stick in while the sump is off and get the level off that

John_S.
Forum Enthusiast

Postby John_S. » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:30 pm

Bigelboe,
I had to read that a couple of times before it finally sunk in ;D, but it should be an fairly accurate way to do it. The oil drain back line must be above that level, Right?

James

Postby James » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:27 pm

Yeah if it isn't then you can get back pressure on your turbo bearing which can really screw with its oil flow, cause if you think about it, the column of gass in the return line is gonna try and displace the oil in the large bit of the sump by pushing down on the small hole...

A little bleed off your drain line to somewhere int he engine would suffice if your drain ends up below the oil level

Return to “General”