right who wants a wide body racer kit??

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
John_S.
Forum Enthusiast

Re: right who wants a wide body racer kit??

Postby John_S. » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:05 pm

Oh yeah, I figured that, but to get a hard enough surface to allow you to get a finish good enough to pull a plug from you will need to put a coat or two of resin over the foam before you start to smooth it. That is unless you are going to use styling clay in which case you can get close enough with it by itself to allow you to  prime and block to a finish point. ;)

John_S.
Forum Enthusiast

Postby John_S. » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:14 pm

Thought I'd add one more thing here. The closer you get to a final finish before you pull your mold, the less work it will take to get the final pieces ready to paint on your car. This is even more important if you plan to make duplicate pieces as the time spent up front is payed back for every set of parts cast/or layed up.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:57 pm

very interesting...
is styling clay expensive maby that would be the go ;)

John_S.
Forum Enthusiast

Postby John_S. » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:44 pm

I don't know where you would go to find it Downunder.  You have styling studios for your Auto manufacturers, so I am sure it is available, but you'll have to hunt for it. I have around 50LBs of it. It is pretty slick stuff. It is heated to just over 100 degrees (F) and that allows you to paddle it on and rough it in before it sets as it cools to room temp. At that time it is firm enough to be worked to a  very accurate edge.  So if you have made templates for both left and right sides and of course front and rear, then you can come really close to matching the sides without to much fanfare.
Then when you get it where you want it, and as you work it you will be able to tell the point at which you are lets say, "just pushing it around",  then it's time to lay on the primer and block to the final edge and even paint if you wanted to paint it.
Great thing about the clay is when you have pulled your molds you just scrape off the layer that has the paint on it and pitch that. But the majority of the clay can be used over and over again. You just want to keep it from getting any gunk in it  i.e. foam etc.
Last time I bought any was around 8yrs ago. It was about 4.00US a pound. Hard to say how expensive the stuff is now.

John_S.
Forum Enthusiast

Postby John_S. » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:53 pm

I think maybe I know a quick way for you to find it. Go to whatever University you have there which has an extensive Fine Arts program, or maybe an Industrial Design program would be even better. Someone there should know of a source for it, if the Professors are worth a salt. ;)

John_S.
Forum Enthusiast

Postby John_S. » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:03 pm

Oh yeah,
One final thing, left and right sides don't have to be perfect mirror images of each other because you can never see both at the same time. You just want to get them as close as you can within reason.
Interesting note here. In the old days when all the Exotic bodies were one ofs and all done by hand,  left and right sides were never exact even on Ferraris and Lambos etc. Windscreens could be as much as 1/2" off but unless you have a highly trained eye you willl not notice it because if you don't know the differance is there, you don't look for it. 8)

kazzee
Forum Participant

Postby kazzee » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:36 pm

I haven't seen you for a long time.

I received an ardent demand from Mr turbocab and upped and about doing.

I inform you of a present situation.

# A prototype holder who was missing was found.
# It is difficult to receive cooperation from them though it spoke several times with "Mugen" and "Mr Yura(Designer)".
# A prototype owner is a very severe situation in both public and private matters
now.
# However, I am negotiating like making even only single-unit.

kazzee
Forum Participant

Postby kazzee » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:46 pm

My idea is said...

How about sending single-unit to Australia, and the production of the FRP prototype based on the single-unit?

I'm sorry that English cannot be spoken at all as for me in a strange word.

I listen to the music of Snoop and Dr Dre every day. The meaning is not understood at all though it is Hip-Hop listener from 1984. ;D

kazzee
Forum Participant

Postby kazzee » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:11 pm

By the way, three existing replica owners were the single-unit 350,000 yen. As for the negotiation that I am doing now, this price is basic. Will it be safe?

I do not obtain the profit at all by this matter. In addition, I temporarily pay cost according to circumstances.

To meet Mr turbocab at next month or the month after next, I head for Australia (and NZ). At that time, I will bring racer's information as much as possible. Image (VTR) that you have not seen yet is included in that. It prepares it at a rush now.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:12 pm

hello mr kazzee
thank you for all your help
i am glad to hear you have finally found the man with the prototype ;D
yes, i like the sound of your plan and i will gladly purchace the single unit for production of more kits for my companions in australia ;D ;D ;D
i think you understand english very well considering..
my knowledge of japanese is only a few basic words.
i eagerly await to hear more news from you soon my freind
thank you turbocab/matt

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:18 pm

350,000 yen =$3998 aus :o
that is a lot of money,almost as mutch as my car cost ::)
but if that is what it will take to have a kit made i will do it

kazzee
Forum Participant

Postby kazzee » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:58 pm

Hi turbocab.

I'm sorry that the answer of mail is always delayed. I am acting for a long time at intervals of work now of the racer.

By the way, the size of the wheel of the replica is 7J of 14inch. An original size is Front:9J-13in,offset 0 and Back:7.5J-13in,offset 0. However, the tire was not able to be obtained.

It interferes with a normal suspension in the body. The suspension of a hard setting is
necessary.And, it is necessary to cut a part of a rear fender.

Please stay at my house if you and the companion come to Japan though I go to your country this time. And, it goes it round the place that relates to the racer.  ;)

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:10 pm

thank you kazee for your reply
i will speak with my uncle about tyres and wheels as he owns a tyre and wheel business.
when i visit japan in the future i will definatly accept your offer for accomidation,and as i have said previously in private messages to you..you are very welcome to stay with me  ;D
cheers matt

kazzee
Forum Participant

Postby kazzee » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:16 pm

I think that I am large amount of money. I did not execute it because of it either. :-[

About 1.5 million yen in total has been expended though three replica owners requested all work
to the shop.  :o

I offer you only the size, and am looking for the method made at a low price by you
at the same time.

John_S.
Forum Enthusiast

Postby John_S. » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:39 am

If you can find an existing car with the flare kit already installed then you could make your templates from that, and use your templates to help you sculpt your own set to make the molds from.
I'd wager that a trip to Japan, and all the materials to make the molds would come in well under 3995AU. and you'd get a trip to Japan out of the deal. ;)

Return to “General”