right who wants a wide body racer kit??

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Mon May 28, 2007 5:59 pm

yeah the ones i found appear to use the original studs to clamp them on then have another set of studs sticking out of them,dosent look like the strongest thing in the world.
what i was thinking is having a set of spacers machined up that slip over the original studs and have a set of studs made up that are an extra 20 or 30mm long to suit.
if it means i can save a fair bit on not having to have a set of wheels made up at a nasty high price i dont really mind the legality issues associated,and in reality the police will be morelikely interested in the blowoff valve and loud exhaust...i hope :wink:
also i dont really understand how the whole concept of offset works(how the number is come up with)could you explain it or point me in the direction of a website etc that can
so like whats the differecce between an offset of 11 as oposed to 0 :oops: :oops:
thankers matty
ps got the kit back today :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Mon May 28, 2007 8:26 pm

The bolt on ones are actually safer than getting longer wheel studs, if you are going for spacers then definately go for the bolt on ones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offset_(wheel)

I was going to explain it but there you go.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Mon May 28, 2007 8:33 pm

that will do it thanks mate
edit... so what does 11 represent because those wheels i want/need have got to have more than 11mm of negative offset more like 75 to 80 mm if not more.

James

Postby James » Mon May 28, 2007 10:23 pm

You want wheels where the hubs look like they are in the center or deep in the wheel, essentially a deep-dish look mag.. I very much doubt you will find any wheels with more than about 20mm of negative offset, even those wont be common. Wheels of this offset are going to be brutal on your wheel bearings, with the negative offset they get a lot more leverage.

I think your best bet for finding mags is getting some bolt on adaptor/wheel spacers that change your stud pattern to 4x114.3 and then getting some AE86 mags or other old school RWD mags in that stud pattern.

city_racer
Forum Enthusiast

Postby city_racer » Tue May 29, 2007 7:51 am

what about bolting spacers to he wheels cause apparently that can be iliegal or what about some widened steel rims?

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Tue May 29, 2007 5:43 pm

eeeerrrrmmmm thats what we mean by spacers on the hubs.
widened steel rims.....my plans are to make the car look better not drastically worse.
thanks any way bro

city_racer
Forum Enthusiast

Postby city_racer » Tue May 29, 2007 6:51 pm

yea thought so my bad

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Wed May 30, 2007 12:10 am

You need to ask CityForLife members what they are doing...

Also, the official japanese Mugen site has official hub spacers, that offset the rim out a bit (forget the size).

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Wed May 30, 2007 7:53 pm

i have the specks of the ssr wheels on the blue racer (that was crashed recently :cry: )
but ime pretty sure they are going to be an expensive one off custom built wheel,ime just trying to find a cheaper alternitave in the meantime,but in reality the wheels will likely be the last purchase in the rebuild so there isnt a big hurry.
ive tried sending emails to the big wheel shops in sydney(tempe tyres etc)but they never reply,probly because i dont want a set of 22in chromies for my wrx.
one weekend ile take a drive out to the wild western suburbs and get on their case about it,then when they find me a few options ile call my uncle and see if he can get a better deal (he owns a tyre shop)
matt

James

Postby James » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:35 pm

http://nzhondas.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=68551

I could get those and send them to you...

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:42 pm

250 nz tell him hes dreaming or offer him 50 on my behalf :lol:

James

Postby James » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:45 pm

Haha somehow I dont think he will take that. Have you got better prices? I thought that was pretty good.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:54 pm

the more i think about it the more i want to steer clear of wheel spacers for the moment any way.heard a funny story about an ae86 flying off the road into a ditch from a dodgey wheel spacer.
and as i said previously(i think)the wheels i have would need like 100mm of spacer to have the correct offset so its looking like some minus 11 offset wheels will have to be found...my uncle keeps avoiding doing the diging around for me(he owns a wheel and tyre shop)so i think ile give the info to my aunty who generally wears the pants so to speak and she is the boss :oops:
so ile pass on the cheap wheel spacers that you have found for me(thanks any way mate)keep looking for wheels though :D
matty

James

Postby James » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:02 pm

Wasn't like I was looking, just caught my eye as I was checking to see if anyone wants to buy my mini wheels :P

You wouldn't need that big a spacer, you are much more likely IMHO to find wheels around 0 offset or maybe +10mm or something that you can then space to the correct offset for your needs. But in saying that its probably not a bad idea to try and stay clear of dodgy wheel spacers.

Im sure there are some freakin hardy ones around 'cause a lot of the drift cars use them, must put them under insane stresses.

Return to “General”