right who wants a wide body racer kit??

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:57 pm

the body kit is on the groumd in australia,just wating for customs clearence etc
lets hope that they believe that i only payed 200 dollars for it.that way the 10 perecent tax will only be $20 instead of $400
by the look of the financial situation ime in at the moment the kit wont be going on the car for atleast six monthes :cry:

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Wed May 03, 2006 7:14 pm

its here it looks sooooo beautiful
cant wait to see it in the light of day

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Wed May 03, 2006 9:18 pm

Awesome bro, hi-res pics would be wicked so we at least have a photographic reference if anyone wants to make another one, and just to bask in the splendour of its wideness

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Wed May 03, 2006 10:43 pm

ile take some picks on the weekend and make sure their good i will also tape the rear guard and door mouldings to the car for a bit of a sneak peek.
you can also see the no 18 on the door mouldings where they havent peeled the sticker off the original racer before taking the mould.
ime feeling a bit bitter about helping others make their own kits for a fraction of the five and a half thousand dollars i have shelled out to get this idea off the ground,also considering the dismal responce for a bargain kit from me for like 2 grand.
ime happy though the city will finaly reach its true potential now
matt

EK9

Postby EK9 » Thu May 04, 2006 12:08 am

been following ur quest here and i gotta say, well done mate... glad u've finally got the goods after ur hard search. i've seen the pics of the city's with the kit... and honestly it's just awesome.

did u say it'll be roughly a couple months before u put it on? Does that mean those of us who are interested (including me :wink: ) can have a while to consider ur offer still?

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Thu May 04, 2006 6:27 pm

ide say six to ten mounths :oops: the way funds are going at the moment.
and i really want to buy wheels and tyres first so it dosent look funny while i save up for them.ide also like to cut some rust first too.
so i guess youve all got some time (all three of you) to think about it,but i really dont know if i can be arsed making a bunch of moulds seems like a lot of work
theres eight seperate peices to build :roll:
but theres a part of me that really wants to share it with others and a selfish part that wants to keep all the glory to myself.
picks on the weekend people :wink:
hey mods can i put them in the new gallery?if yes,how?

mozzy
Admin

Postby mozzy » Thu May 04, 2006 9:15 pm

turbocab wrote:hey mods can i put them in the new gallery?if yes,how?

Go to the gallery, then on the left hand side menu click add items, then choose the files, add captions if you want and click add items :D

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sun May 07, 2006 2:12 pm

ive tried a few times now to upload pics and it dosent work :cry:

James

Postby James » Sun May 07, 2006 4:44 pm

if you want email them to me and i will post them up. bigelboe at gmail dot com

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sun May 07, 2006 5:55 pm

done bro cheers for that.
next weekend ime going to drill all the holes in the bumpers to fit them and take off the doors to test fit the guards and do their holes etc then ile start preping the kit pieces,they are fairly uneven and there is raised bits everywhere where the original stickers were so ive got some wet rubbing to do...

James

Postby James » Sun May 07, 2006 7:36 pm

here it is in all its glory, the duct tape should hold it on sweet bro

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sun May 07, 2006 7:51 pm

thats 100mph rated duct tape :wink:

2fast4u
Forum Regular

Postby 2fast4u » Sun May 07, 2006 8:34 pm

i have a question u know how u ahve the part that goes over the rear tyre guards.....u cant make the tyres any biger can u cause u still have the original guard there or do u do something to it?

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sun May 07, 2006 9:11 pm

a few monthes back kazzee sent a package containing amongst other things photocopys of the original instructions for preparing the race cars although i neither speak nor read japanese i can make out from the diagrams that the rear guard does not need to be cut to fit the fats on the back.however i do rembember him saying that to fit the original massivly wide tyres that the rear guards would need modification but i am not sure if he ment the inner wheel arch or the outer body pannel.but these tyres are not avalible.
i believe this problem is overcome by using a suspension set up that is hard as hell and has very little travel :roll:
if you have a look in the gallery at the black t2r replica with the chubby looking bloke leaning out of it smoking a ciggy i dont believe the body has been cut in any way to fit the wheels and tyres he has

turbocab
Donating Member

Re: right who wants a wide body racer kit??

Postby turbocab » Sun May 07, 2006 9:19 pm

kazzee wrote:Hi turbocab.

I'm sorry that the answer of mail is always delayed. I am acting for a long time at intervals of work now of the racer.

By the way, the size of the wheel of the replica is 7J of 14inch. An original size is Front:9J-13in,offset 0 and Back:7.5J-13in,offset 0. However, the tire was not able to be obtained.

It interferes with a normal suspension in the body. The suspension of a hard setting is
necessary.And, it is necessary to cut a part of a rear fender.

Please stay at my house if you and the companion come to Japan though I go to your country this time. And, it goes it round the place that relates to the racer. ;)

found it
to be safe i will try to get wheels in 7j 13in
but ive come this far already and i wont let a bit of bodywork stop me now :twisted:

Return to “General”