right who wants a wide body racer kit??

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
turbocab
Donating Member

right who wants a wide body racer kit??

Postby turbocab » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:59 pm

ok ladys and gents after a few emails back and fourth to kazzee from city of life(japanese city site) trying to get my hands on the t2 racer wide body bulldog kit it seems it will be a tough job to get em :'( .from what i can decifer from the translated messages from him he had an original t2 race car the green castrol one that was heavily rusted(theres a pic on city of life somewhere) wich he made a mould from then three kits were made from this mould each getting slightly worse as the cheaply made mould deteriated,then a bloke in the north of japan hit kazzee up for the mould and the original t2 racer in order to make a copy for himself kazzee obliged and sent it off.some time passed then more and more now kazzee cant get a hold of him he has changed his number and email & dissapeared off the face of the earth(the bastard >:( )
kazzee said i should try asking the three blokes that already have the kits,he gave me their emails and basicaly said dont tell them that i gave you their emails...
and i dont think they would be keen to make a mould of their kits and possibly harm/damage their cars but as a last resort i will fire off an email to them being sure to make up some excuse as to where i obtained their contact details to not drop kazzee in the s#!t ;)
now kazzee also said he has been asking via email mugen and some other bloke who designed the kit if there is a possibility of remanufacture.as the quote from kazzee says below he wants all of us in aus and nz who will definatly be keen for a kit (confirmed buyers only no pulling out at the last minute) to petition them to build us some kits,so if you know you definatly want one and can come up with the cash when needbe please send off a couple of messages to the adresses listed below and we might just get the ball rolling.
MUGEN
http;//www.mugen-power.com/en/
YURA TAKUYA original designer of t2 race kit
http;//www.so-net.ne.jp/yuratakuya/
here is a quote from the message kazzee sent me last night.....

I am asking the above-mentioned company. The re-order for "Wide body kit" for the foreign country.

They are the first manufacturers. However, they are passive. Because it seems to be thought that it is difficult to obtain the profit as a
business.

However, I do not give it up. I keep negotiating.

For you and the companion.

I want you to demand you and the companion. I want you to demand from the above-mentioned company by E-mail.

It becomes strong pressure there are many people.

I want a lot of companions in the sphere in English to inform of this thing.

Regards, kazzee ;-)

get behind this if you are interested people i recon its about the only way we will ever get hold of the replica racer kit
thanks matty

kartracer
Forum Regular

Re: right who wants a wide body racer kit??

Postby kartracer » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:14 pm

we would be really keen for a kit but....im guessing if this ever did go ahead we would be talking a substantial amount of money?  ??? in the thousand/s?

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:20 pm

Price? All this can not be cheap???

And what actually constitutes a kit. eg front bumber, front fenders, rear fenders/ moudlings etc??

Heres a couple of pics for eveyone.

First orginal racer

Second a replica

and an album of one of the replicas during construction

http://www.cityturbo.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album98

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:04 pm

ide say it would cost a bit hey but couldnt be mutch more than 2000 and if it is ile have one built custom here as close as possible to the real thing
or have a go my self :o
ide say the kit is the front bumper front guard extensions,fat skirts/door bits,continuing back to the rear  guard bits
with a standard rear bar

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:24 pm

hmmm i thaught there would be a bigger response than that :'(
maby ile just wait and keep hoping that kazzee tracks down the guy with the mould and t2R

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:15 pm

For 90% of people on this board, that is more than they paid for there car. As cool as those kits are, there are far better things one could do with 2 grand.

James

Postby James » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:18 pm

Get me one for the civic and i will give you sweet suki suki ;D

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:48 pm

[quote author=Colza link=board=GEN;num=1131267554;start=0#5 date=11/10/05 at 21:15:37]For 90% of people on this board, that is more than they paid for there car. As cool as those kits are, there are far better things one could do with 2 grand.[/quote]

Excatly thats a horrific amount of money just on a bodykit, and don't forget shipping, and then having to buy new wheels + tyres, also a respray to match the new rear guards in with the rest of the car.

I would like them but the cost is way to much

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:58 pm

I am down. 2 grand is worth it considering people spend that much or more on mags ???

Will send em an email tonight!

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:03 am

How you fancy our chances getting a pair of those race mags?

Or getting some fabricate.... what about tread? you think there's any 13x8 or x9' tyres around???

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:16 am

Cannot find the emails to those addresses for the life of me :/

James

Postby James » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:49 am

Yeah you can get the tires, a few people make that size. Formula 1 among a lot of other race cars run 13" tires, so they are still around.

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:09 am

LOL

I mean from a tyre outlet, not the F1 team ::)

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:23 pm

if it ever happens ile get my uncle to hook us up with tyres at cost price city_cabrolet  ;) he owns a tyre business and knows heaps of people in the industry,he could possibly even find wheels on the cheap too
2 grand aint that mutch for me,ime about to drop that on a holiday to vanuatu ::)
if we get nowhere with this my mate has done a mad body kit for his gemini,he recons it would not be too hard/costly to build one
to insure it is right ile see if i can get someone in japan to make up profiles/templates cut out of cardboard say every 100mm down both sides of the car,then you stick model building foam to the sides of the car and sand/grind it back accordingly to match the profiles,get it all sweet and flowing just like a finished kit on the car but made from foam then cast a mould from it out of fiberglass and build kits from that.anyone have a spare t2 shell to lend me :P

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:50 am

ummm... YES.

Mine is sitting around waiting for some repairs. How long would you have it for?

I want to get the repairs done first. but will hold off the full respray till after i know whats doing with bodykits (but i need rust cut out, and will just get undercoats for now)

Return to “General”