car not going!!

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
robg
Forum Enthusiast

car not going!!

Postby robg » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:21 pm

Have just put my engine back togetha and it wont start. ???when it turns over it doesnt fire so much as pop/backfire.we tried towing it and it just backfired hard out.Im not sure if i got the timing right.I got a mate to double check the cam timing so that should be ok.Which way round does the crank angle sensor go?thats all i can think of that could be wrong....
any help apprecited

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Re: car not going!!

Postby James » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:43 pm

You have the timing wrong, either dizzy or cam. Look in the infobase on how to do both.

The crank angle sensor has nothing to do with the spark firing, its only injectors so you have either of the above wrong.  Did you remove the dizzy?

James

Postby James » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:44 pm

If you do all that and it doesnt work, then rotate the cam angle sensor theres only 2 ways it can go.

Henry

Postby Henry » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:31 pm

The cam angle sensor will only fit one way, you would have to really force it and wind it on with the bolts to fit it the wrong way. Has to be valve or spark timing, check infobase

campbell
Forum Enthusiast

Postby campbell » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:49 pm

Let's be kind here and say that the mate in charge of timing really did check the position of the distributor rotor against the timing mark on the flywheel and it's right where it's supposed to be, but I've seen this symptom from another equally "What a goose!" scenario.

Are you sure that your plug leads are actually going where they're supposed to go?  Check that firing order and make sure that that is really what your distributor is trying to do.  Like direction of rotation cross check too.

Only takes two leads out of order and you're rooted.

I can't remember the firing order 'cause I've got numbered leads and they are NEVER off the distributor cap.  At least never more than one at a time.

Good luck.

Campbell

robg
Forum Enthusiast

Postby robg » Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:24 am

i got the leads going anti clockwise 1342 from the socket by the clip with the little line by it.Im gona go chech if the line on the cam pully and the arrow line up when i get home.The way i had it my mate recond i was a tooth out ,so i mite have been right in the first place.lol.Oh well ,ill hav another look the post resultsd

robg
Forum Enthusiast

Postby robg » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:24 am

just redone cam timing.turns out i was write the first time an my mate put it a tooth out.fired up first pop.just gona do my valve clearances an off up to auckland to the nats

James

Postby James » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:34 pm

Sweet as Rob, good to hear. Let us know how your beast runs on the trip

campbell
Forum Enthusiast

Postby campbell » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:08 pm

Excellent.  Wish my T2's problem was that simple.

Good luck and enjoy your rocket.

Campbell

robg
Forum Enthusiast

Postby robg » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:03 am

decided not to go.A few things i want to iron out before goin.Theres a vacume leak sumwhere cos it hunts like f**k.Also it doesnt boost -or rather boosts but doesnt go anywhere .I think its leaking between the turbo and the exhaust manifold and between the inlet and head because i used the wrong sealer on the gasket.

HB
Forum Regular

Postby HB » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:20 pm

take hoses off one by one and blow it with your mouth, one of the hoses might be jammed.

by the way, where is the turbo located in T1 engine??

James

Postby James » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:42 pm

same place HB the engines are nearly identical

HB
Forum Regular

Postby HB » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:30 am

ah ok, i dont have much knowledge of engine but i'll google it and find out. thanks for help  ;D

campbell
Forum Enthusiast

Postby campbell » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:54 pm

With that hunting, two things to check, coolant bled at nipple beside distributer?  And does adjusting the idle air bypass screw make any difference?

Campbell

robg
Forum Enthusiast

Postby robg » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:33 pm

ok.took off all my maifolds .cleand then all up made sure i sealed everything,every gasket all up good and proper ,done a quick job of all my vacume hoses (will go over them properly sumtime ,but from first look there ok) and went for a drive down the road.Theres hardley any noticable kick from the boost.more like when i was driving it with my other turbo disconected. ??? ??? ???.struggles to get to 5 pound and thts ringing it out.took both pipes off the turbo ,doesnt perticualy have much suck/boost. vacumes aroung 10-12 ,which is what it  did before the rebuild..1 thing i noticed is that when i start it it takes  while to get to -10 cnt remember if its ment to go straight there or nt ??? ...F*%K no`s whats wrong .could it be my manifold? modeld it off boostboys.seems like it should work..any ideas apprecited.

Return to “General”