car not going!!

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
James
Moderator / Donating Member

Re: car not going!!

Postby James » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:54 am

Yeah sounds like your actuator could be shagged, in your modifications your didnt weld to its bracket or anything did you? Colza and I once did that and it stuffed the actuator.

robg
Forum Enthusiast

Postby robg » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:12 am

yea ur on the button there mate.had to make a new mount for it ,i thought i didnt get very close to it ,but musta been enuf.wired it shut and went for a drive only got to 16 pound foot flat in high revs ,on later inspection i found the turbo was loose ,put spring washers on the bolts but havnt tried it yet.also for my gaskets i used that $5 a sheet exhaust gasket paper stuff.iv found it just gets ccoked and the paper bit just flakes off with vibration leaving the metal.Is this the right stuff to use??also when i first start it up in the morn (or weneva the engines cold) it starts up first pop ,but after its been running it takes ages -if it even decieds to start ,but when push started it fires up first pop ???

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:29 am

Yeah my car is relucatant to start when warm somtimes, not sure why.

Thats gasket paper will never work, you need to get some high temperature gasket goop stuff, try going to a good automotive place like BNT and asking them, you need it to say its good for exhaust gaskets.

Or you could talk to someone like shuk gaskets and get them to cut you out a good gasket, or find a factory gasket for the turbo you are using.

Your turbo bolts will probably always jiggle loose, the ones on colzas big turbo setup did even with spring washers, maybe ask at BNT for some high temperature loc-tite for your turbo bolts, it will make them a bitch to undo but may stop them falling out.

Return to “General”