where to get an adaptor pipe 4 a BOV

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
veg_10
Forum Participant

where to get an adaptor pipe 4 a BOV

Postby veg_10 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:31 am

hey was wondering where i could get an adaptor pipe made 4 the t2 so i can mount a bov on it... or does any 1 hav 1 laying round... do they differ wen u put a diffrent bov on or are they all the same ne tips on a resonably cheaper bov to get that is still good ? thanx ;D

turbocab
Donating Member

Re: where to get an adaptor pipe 4 a BOV

Postby turbocab » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:03 pm

any exhaust shop can and will make one up 4 u.
or if you get a new cooler and run 2in pipes most companys that sell bov's also sell t piece adaptors in 2 inch.

veg_10
Forum Participant

Postby veg_10 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:50 am

so u get 1 made up like the standard 1 but in steel with a mounting pipe on it

city_mad
Forum Regular

Postby city_mad » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:20 am

i work at a exhaust place need a hand mate?

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:35 am

Ill make you an aluminum tig welded one for $100  ;)

veg_10
Forum Participant

Postby veg_10 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:00 pm

where are all of u located to ? r u aussies

James

Postby James » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:54 pm

Im in palmerston north, city_mad is from dunnas (dunedin) and turbocab is from the merry old land of Oz

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:04 pm

but turbocab isnt making you a bov adapter pipe :P

veg_10
Forum Participant

Postby veg_10 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:11 pm

im tryin to find sum 1 in auus to make 1 4 me damn it

James

Postby James » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:24 am

OK mate it looks liek we need to break it down a bit simpler for you.

step 1: goto mummy and ask her where the phonebook is

step 2: look under automotive in the yellow pages and then under muffler and exhaust systems, alternatively use http://www.yellowpages.com.au. Find the closest exhaust place to you.

step 3: goto the exhaust place, show them the piping under your bonnet and go, I need a tee piece to put in that pipe from the turbo to the intercooler/intake (depending on whether you have a t1 or t2), the hold up the BOV and say the tee is for this. The whole tee section only needs to be about 8-10cm long so it can go wherever there is a straight bit of pipe that long. And its diameter should be similar to the inside diameter of your intercooler piping, around one and three quarter inches is about right from memory, but youll want to check, as for the tee into it use a bit of pipe the same size as the inlet into your bov

Step 4: wait ten minutes for him to make it, pay him $20

step 5: cut one of your intercooler pipes in the middle of a long straight bit, insert the tee section in the cut bit with a new hoseclamp over each side.

step 6: tighten hoseclamps

step 7: run a bit of hose off the tee to your bov and hoseclip it.

step 8: run a vacuum hose from the hose going to the fuel pressure regulator to the top of the bov, using a little plastic tee piece from a garden store or something to put a tee in the vacuum hose. And before you ask the fuel pressure regulator is the can on the left hand (sitting int he car left hand) side of the engine with fuel lines running in and out of it and a vacuum hose going in the top of it coming from a funny little plastic thing that goes in the vacuum line going to the brake booster, so follow the brake booster hose (its black) back from the brake booster antill you find a plastic 3 way thing, the follow this hose to the fuel regulator.

Of coure if your bov is a flange bolt on type you will have to change some steps, ie the exhaust guy will have to cut out a flange which will cost you more, and youll have to bolt it onto the flange using bolts and nuts and some gaskets goop between the bov and the flange.

Disclaimer: If i said anything wrong I don't care, if the whole article seems to be in a patronising tone, thats because it is.  ;D

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:11 pm

hahahahaha holy shit bigelboe that would have to be the best post of your city turbo career :o
the disclamer at the end was beautiful,the icing on the cake ;D

veg_10
Forum Participant

Postby veg_10 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:45 pm

thank u that helped me understand a whole lot better u smart ass lol ur such a helpful person there should b more ppl like u

James

Postby James » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:32 pm

*takes a bow*

Glad I could help veg_10, next time you want help tho try to be a bit more patient, like only post one thread asking your question, and if you dont understand deep down what has to be done then ask someone to explain, like if you had made a post and said.

" Hi guys, I am new here and I am interested in fitting a blow off valve to my honda city turbo, if any of you guys could give me some information on this process that would be great"

Then you probably would have gotten a reply to solve all your problems within 12 hours ;D

Intrestingly enough it also changes the performance of the blow of valve as to where you palce it in the system, and also how you tune the screw on top of it, but thats prolly outside the scope of what you wanna know unless you are particularily interested

veg_10
Forum Participant

Postby veg_10 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:10 pm

okk thanks heap i only hav 1 more question so outa that big thing u wrote ur sayin i dont have to replace the whole intercooler pipe wid steel i only hav to get a t piece to go inbeetween the standard pipe ...

James

Postby James » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:57 am

Yup you got it, for the setup on my car we just had a tee about 8cm long with a piece of 19mm pipe teed into the side :D

Return to “General”