Wire Diagram

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
76civic-vs-84prot
Forum Participant

Wire Diagram

Postby 76civic-vs-84prot » Wed May 10, 2006 10:45 am

Where can i find the full wiring diagram for a 84 pro??

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Wed May 10, 2006 11:56 am

Someone might have an english one, I just finished translating a turbo 1 diagram so sorry I dont feel like doing a pro t one aswell :p

Henry

Postby Henry » Wed May 10, 2006 9:27 pm

I'll try to get an English one up but my computer doesn't always understand me!!

76civic-vs-84prot
Forum Participant

Postby 76civic-vs-84prot » Thu May 11, 2006 4:16 pm

Thanx mate but wireing has been done. I have a bigger problem now. i have the pro engine in my 76 civic and the civic motor has fuel pump on camshaft(diaphram) and pro has electric. Any suggestion on wat's done here?

James

Postby James » Thu May 11, 2006 6:00 pm

Use the city electrical one. Where was it mounted by the tank or in the engine bay? Either way its pretty simple. If it was by the tank run a wire down the passenger side under the trim and go through the fuel line hole to get to the pump, just make a wee bracket for it and bolt it to the crossmember.

If its an engine bay one then even easier, just reuse or make a new bracket to hold it in the engine bay.

Connect the fuel pump up to what it should be connected to in the city wiring, it should have a relay or something that turns it off it the key is at on and the engine isn't running so you dont pump fuel into a fire, in saying this if you cant be bothered I would jsut hook it up to the ON position on the key with a 10amp inline fuse.

76civic-vs-84prot
Forum Participant

Postby 76civic-vs-84prot » Fri May 12, 2006 1:08 pm

It was mounted next to the tank. Which line is inlet and outlet, from wat i know the inlet would be the line coming from filter?

I've taken the pump off and only 2 electrical wires were attached to fuse type thing so i have that sorted out. Can the pump be mounted in the engine bay im just thinking practical here but if the pump doesn't really have much suction power it wont work in the bay but if i could read japanese i could work it out of manual ;)

James

Postby James » Fri May 12, 2006 2:50 pm

Mount it next to the tank, I wouldnt risk not having enough fuel when you really want it. Its easy just knock up a bracket theres quite a bit of room back there. The end that comes from the tank is probably the inlet ay 8) But yes I would Assume this to be the filter end. Easy solution, stick one end in some gas and power it up (dont use water) if gas shoots out he other end youve got it right.

76civic-vs-84prot
Forum Participant

Postby 76civic-vs-84prot » Thu May 18, 2006 4:19 pm

Just checking befor i go ahead with anything. There was only 2 wires attached to the pump im guessing positive and negative. So if im correct ur saying to run the positive wire with a 10amp fuse to the ignigtion switch (on position) and run other wire to ground.

Why im checking is that how does a wire going to the switch know if car is running or not. cus im thinking if u just run the wire to on position wont the pump operate when key is at on regardless if engine is running or not???

James

Postby James » Thu May 18, 2006 4:44 pm

It will yes, there needs to be some brains somewhere to turn it off if the engine stalls, in the city turbo the ECU does it through the main relay

76civic-vs-84prot
Forum Participant

Postby 76civic-vs-84prot » Fri May 19, 2006 11:06 am

Well my pump is off a pro t and i cant seem to find a relay for it and im not real confident on how relays work so ill keep looking but i may look into wat relays exactly do and may be able to get a relay off another car or something. Any more help ould be awesome.

P.s. Thanx for all the help so far.

I've found the relay and it has 3 connections at the back of it. But where i pulled the relay out of where it plugs into there is 9 wires. Im hoping i only need to connect 3 wires into the relay if this is right which wires go where. From looking at wiring diagram it seems that the 2 wires from pump black/yellow goes to relay and black goes to earth. There is also a blue wire from ignition coil to relay do i just extend the blue wire from coil and connect to relay?? Then the third one goes to voltage regulator...am unsure where to connect that.

76civic-vs-84prot
Forum Participant

Postby 76civic-vs-84prot » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:37 pm

From the wiring diagram i think i see that thje relay is connected to positve coil, one to pump and other earth. Can anyone confirm that this is all i need to connect other then an inline fuse??

Return to “General”