After market computer???

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
75civict2
Forum Participant

After market computer???

Postby 75civict2 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:24 am

Hi I currently putting a T2 motor in to an 75 civic the motor has been fully rebuilt and i will be running a td04, I want to know what the best computer would be to run and if there is an ele dizzy that i can fit to a t2 so that i can remove the black box, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:01 am

You can remove most of the black box without changing the dizzy, all you need out of the black box is the two map sensors, and if your running an aftermarket ECU all youll need is a single map sensor.

The dizzy sitn very complicated, the vacuum advance cannister is there and is just hooked up to vacuum, the other hose going to it is boost retard, this is used when the engine is cold. If you wanted to be clever you could make your ECU fire the solenoid to retard the timing when it detects knocking.

Search for ECU discussion there a big threads talking about the implimentation of aftermarket ECU's.

If you want to run fully electronic ignition I would recommend you convert to a wasted spark setup with two ignition coils and remove the dizzy altogether and just get your engine position off the cam position sensor.

75civict2
Forum Participant

Postby 75civict2 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:42 pm

Cool that sounds like the plan.

frollikk

black box

Postby frollikk » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:16 pm

i have re-engined a mini with a t1 engine and i see in your post that i can remove some of the black box, would i be able to get picts or diagrams of the black box and wat i could take out from somewhere?

Return to “General”