t1 vs t2

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
el roacho
Forum Regular
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:12 pm
Location: Christchurch, NZ
Contact:

t1 vs t2

Postby el roacho » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:15 pm

Ive never owned a city turbo and id like 2 know what the difference is in terms of performance between a t1 and a t2. 0-100 - how much faster would a standard t2 be than a standard t1?

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:31 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand

Re: t1 vs t2

Postby Hyperblade » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:20 pm

el roacho wrote:Ive never owned a city turbo and id like 2 know what the difference is in terms of performance between a t1 and a t2. 0-100 - how much faster would a standard t2 be than a standard t1?


T1 faster down low, T2 has the topend, but T1 is under tyred.

T2 has better handling as it has a wider front track.

User avatar
HB
Forum Regular
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Dunedin, NZ
Contact:

Postby HB » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:54 pm

Hi, welcome to the site :)

try searching before you post a thread.

it has been covered several times already i guess but here is the link to it.
http://www.cityturbo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1809

kartracer
Forum Regular
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:16 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Postby kartracer » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:40 pm

the t1 has a slightly higher top speed due to being more aerodynamic.
0-100 the t2 should be a bit quicker being more powerfull.

if u plan on getting one and modifying it, there isnt a lot of difference.
compression is slightly lower in the t1, ecu, injectors slightly smaller in t1, lower boost in the t1.

100hp t1 vs 110hp t2

turbocab
Donating Member
Posts: 1536
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:23 pm
Location: Central coast nsw

Postby turbocab » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:44 pm

kartracer wrote:if u plan on getting one and modifying it, there isnt a lot of difference.
compression is slightly lower in the t1, ecu, injectors slightly smaller in t1, lower boost in the t1.

100hp t1 vs 110hp t2

although t1 looks like a pro t with a bonnet scoop,t2 looks awesome!
no offence t1 owners :P

User avatar
James
Moderator / Donating Member
Posts: 3092
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 1:59 pm
Location: Putaruru
Contact:

Postby James » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:02 am

T2 also has bigger throttle bodies, bigger valves, bigger inlets, an intercooler, a bigger turbo, a more easily upgraded clutch, doesn't have the EGR valve thing to block off, think it has slightly stiffer suspension, and plus it just looks so much cooler.

turbocab
Donating Member
Posts: 1536
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:23 pm
Location: Central coast nsw

Postby turbocab » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:28 pm

yeah what he said^

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:31 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand

Postby Hyperblade » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:16 am

bigelboe wrote:T2 also has bigger throttle bodies, bigger valves, bigger inlets, an intercooler, a bigger turbo, a more easily upgraded clutch, doesn't have the EGR valve thing to block off, think it has slightly stiffer suspension, and plus it just looks so much cooler.


Better seats too ;)


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests