Body Kit

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Henry
Moderator / Donating Member

Body Kit

Postby Henry » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:19 pm

I have seen pictures on here in the past of a white and a red T11 with body kits fitted (not the racer one) but can't seem to find them now, can someone tell me where to find them, post a picture, or pm me and I'll give you an address to email them to. I've been going to try making a set for a while. Any help appreciated. Thanks

turbo11
Donating Member

Postby turbo11 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:24 pm

I hope your not going to put a body kit on your very original T2 Henry, but yes i have seen pics of the kit you are talking about and will look thru my comp pics to see if i can find them.

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:00 am

Henry

Postby Henry » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:07 pm

Thanks Hyper, That white one is a bit over the top for a senior citizen, there is another white one similar in style to the red one that I was looking for. It's a bit hard to see the detail on the red picture. I want the one with the standard guards.

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:04 pm

Theres also my body kit found here.
http://cityturbo.com/forums/garage.php? ... mage_id=44

turbo11
Donating Member

Postby turbo11 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:57 pm

Hyper that is tuff, would like to get that kit for mine before i get the new paint. This is you Henry :D

James

Postby James » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:33 am

Nice kit Hyper, looks like it fits very nicely, but get that beast closer to the ground before you take off :o Cutties all the way bro 8)

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:45 am

bigelboe wrote:Nice kit Hyper, looks like it fits very nicely, but get that beast closer to the ground before you take off :o Cutties all the way bro 8)

No thanks, im not a boy racer :P, i like to have travel on my suspension, its a hard enough ride as it is now :?

Theres no point, handles very very nicely at the moment, most cars would struggle to keep up with it on a tight road. plus allows much better clearance for the wheels when tight cornering.

Unless i found someone wanting to get rid of some aftermarket springs for a turbo city, *hint hint to whoever has some* im not going down that track :)

Henry

Postby Henry » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:24 pm

Thanks Hyper, that is the one I was looking for and the contrasting colour makes it easier to see the shape. Now all I need is some spare time and some inspiration. Need to get back on the road first!!

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:34 pm

Henry wrote:Thanks Hyper, that is the one I was looking for and the contrasting colour makes it easier to see the shape. Now all I need is some spare time and some inspiration. Need to get back on the road first!!

If you would like i can take more photos from different angles.

James

Postby James » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:53 am

You must have a reallllly low tolerance for hard rides if you think the standard T2 ride is firm. Those springs felt like I was riding on a wallowly cloud in my car. Yeah sometimes I wish I had soft suspension, so I gave it a go and hated it, I love the precision and flat handling that my hard springs give me, the only problem is the inside front tire unloads too easy, cause the front springs aren't exactly miles long, but an LSD will fix that.
I cant help but think your being a little hopeful by saying that most cars wouldn't keep uo with it on a tight road, I guess if you mean most cars as like falcons and magnas and stuff :P

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:12 pm

bigelboe wrote:You must have a reallllly low tolerance for hard rides if you think the standard T2 ride is firm. Those springs felt like I was riding on a wallowly cloud in my car. Yeah sometimes I wish I had soft suspension, so I gave it a go and hated it, I love the precision and flat handling that my hard springs give me, the only problem is the inside front tire unloads too easy, cause the front springs aren't exactly miles long, but an LSD will fix that.
I cant help but think your being a little hopeful by saying that most cars wouldn't keep uo with it on a tight road, I guess if you mean most cars as like falcons and magnas and stuff :P

I don't mind hard rides, but for a daily driver its not practical. Ive seen so many lowered cars, slam on the brakes at road works etc, because theres a whole in the road, or judderbars, i don't have to worry about that ;)

Your comparing your experience from a civic to a T2, ive never driven a civic so can't comment on them.

I can comment on my T2, and mine at least handles brillantly. It manages to get the power down to the ground out of most corners in second. And is a rocket ;)

Henry

Postby Henry » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:31 pm

Thanks Hyper, a couple more photos from different angles would be beaut, I'm mainly interested in the sideskirts. The bumper extension would make it easier to bottom out and damage other bits, I have touched mine down a couple of times as is. Sorry Bigelboe but I'm with Hyper on this one, no point in scraping the ground and rubbing tyres on the guards if it restricts your driving style. About the only time you bottom out between the wheels is if you are bush bashing or creek crossing, neither of which suit a T11

James

Postby James » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:49 am

Yeah I guess my civic body is a bit more suited to lowering that the city ones. I can get away with what ive done and I havn't once touched the body on anything on the ground, even tho I have slightly less than 100mm ground clearence at the lowest point, the crossmember.

And at the moment my rear tires only rub under really hard cornering with a load in the car, which I plan on fixing by making a 11mm rear swaybar.

But hey if it handles great, and rides comfy then who cares if it looks like its on stilts ay hyper :wink:

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:34 am

bigelboe wrote:Yeah I guess my civic body is a bit more suited to lowering that the city ones. I can get away with what ive done and I havn't once touched the body on anything on the ground, even tho I have slightly less than 100mm ground clearence at the lowest point, the crossmember.

And at the moment my rear tires only rub under really hard cornering with a load in the car, which I plan on fixing by making a 11mm rear swaybar.

But hey if it handles great, and rides comfy then who cares if it looks like its on stilts ay hyper :wink:

haha, you need to see mine in the flesh to really apreciate it. Looks very aggressive head on.

Personally i don't like the look of the civics, and don't see why anyone would bother putting an turbo engine in them, the T2 is all ready well set up for it. And has the body stength designed for it too.

And to me looks much better, but i know most people won't agree :wink:

Least i can go through pot holes with our breaking anything ;)

Return to “General”