got my intercooler

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
alex
Forum Participant

got my intercooler

Postby alex » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:49 pm

bought a series 5 rx7 cooler from my mate now i gota modify the inlets on angles will let use no how its goes..

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:27 pm

Yep in some review I read they were rated as pretty much best flowin gstock fitted intercoolers.

fancy taht I've got one sittin garound in my garage (plus a monster front mount)...any takers...? (buy takers I mean offers :wink: )

I was (in the distant future) gonna try and front mount it too...

hows it progressing?

alex
Forum Participant

Postby alex » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:14 pm

its goign slow but getting there cut into the sit of the tanks to weld new flanges on. cut the top ones cause the previous person had them both at the top so i had to drill back into the standard part on one of the tank sides. going along good

How much you asking for your front mount, im thinking of getting one but its a slim long one i still gota see it might buy that and piss off the series 5 cooler weel c what happens ill keep you posted.

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:26 am

front mount probably not suited for a 1.2lt as wasfitted to series5 13BT in a RX2. :)
Plus youd have to remove the front of the cuty to fit it in, youd maybe have room for the lights. !

You taking any guidance from others front mounts in regards to pathways for the piping in relation to the throttle body direction etc?
Whats your plans there!?

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:27 pm

Smithy wrote:You taking any guidance from others front mounts in regards to pathways for the piping in relation to the throttle body direction etc?
Whats your plans there!?

i simply choped the top off the inlet thingy(the bit that says pgmfi on it) down fairly low and had a piece of 2in pipe welded inside it this kills two birds with one stone...it enlarges the fairly restrictive inlet and allows you to fit a silicone or rubber 90deg elbow in any position you want,mine points to the pasenger side so i can still use the stock airbox.theres a pic of it in my section in the garage.
oh yeah and it is smithys old car :D
matty

Return to “General”