Bulldog Nostalgia

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
pwschuh

Bulldog Nostalgia

Postby pwschuh » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:37 am

Stumbled onto this site today and wanted to say hi.

I lived in Northern Japan from 1991 until 1994. While I was there I owned a 1985 Bulldog. It was white and stock except for a set of Bob's wheels. It had an additional front chin spoiler (air dam) that attached over the normal Bulldog spoiler that extended down a little farther and had "Turbo II" printed in reverse so it could be read in a rear-view mirror.

I loved that car and drove it year-round, even in the huge snowfalls we got. I had a set of those cool rubber tire chains and it was OK in the snow. I did a little autocrossing and freeway blasting. I wasn't smart enough at the time to know about modifications and it would seem to top out at 180 Kph. Is that about right for stock?

Wanted to bring it back to the States with me but the regulations were too much of a headache. So now I have to settle for several models (including one R/C) and the pictures I took. I also removed and kept that front spoiler because it reminded me so much of the fun I had with my Bulldog.

Enjoy your cars. Wish I still had mine. :(

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:02 am

Hey man, Good to hear about your City turbs experiences, shame you couldnt get it back into the country.

There are a few people In the US with city turbo motors in their 1st gen civics and I have heard of one city turbo over there, I read about it this year some time. Ill post it back up here if I come accross it again.

pwschuh

Postby pwschuh » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:41 am

After I returned to the states, I was living in San Diego. It wasn't long after I returned that I discovered that Jackson Racing, a well-known Honda performance outfit, had imported a Bulldog and had it registered in Califonia and were using it at autocrosses. I was really disappointed to learn that someone else already had imported one because that meant all the importent Federalization paperwork had been done by them and all I would have had to have done would have been to cite their case. Unfortunately, this was before the Interweb and finding that out from Japan before I left would have been very difficult. Today, all I would have to do is Google it and I would have had my answer immediately.

Oh well. Live and learn.

fireslug
Forum Regular

need a t2 or cabriolet?

Postby fireslug » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:57 pm

Sounds like you need a T2 or cab I have one of each.

pwschuh

Postby pwschuh » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:02 am

"Need" is a strong word, and would be incorrect in my circumstance. I would love to own one if I had more expendable income and more garage space but I already have too many automotive hobbies and not enough time or money to pursue them.

I just feel fortunate to have owned one for two and a half years and I am happy that you guys are enjoying yours.

Does anyone else have the Honda accessory lower front valence with "Turbo II" spelled backwards? I always wondered if it was common or unusual.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:14 pm

the t2 i bought recently for parts had one fitted but in fairly average condition..

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:40 pm

pwschuh wrote:Does anyone else have the Honda accessory lower front valence with "Turbo II" spelled backwards? I always wondered if it was common or unusual.

Mine does :D see garage for a pic.

Im going to get the lettering put back on after i paint mine.

These are the aftermarket bits i know about.

Rear Back Bumper addon - Common
Front Air kit (valence) - uncommon.
Sideskirts - Rare as heck.
Roof spoiler - uncommon.

James

Postby James » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:44 pm

Where abouts dude, found a pic of your blue one but no turbo writing backwards

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:21 pm

bigelboe wrote:Where abouts dude, found a pic of your blue one but no turbo writing backwards

Sorry it doesn't have writing on at the moment, im going to get the decal remade for it. The models i have, have decals of all the text that went on the citys.

Its red like the side decals, says Turbo2 and is in mirror writing.

pwschuh

Postby pwschuh » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:06 am

I will dig up my old snapshots and see how well I can photograph them with my digital camera. If it works out, I'll post a few pics of my old car so you can see what it had on it. I don't remember about sideskirts or rear wing.

Return to “General”