Some Help Would Be Great

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
turbo_blitz21

Some Help Would Be Great

Postby turbo_blitz21 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:59 am

Hey guys whats up my names Marat.
So here it is. My friends brother has an 81 City Turbo. I have never heard of these cars before because they never got imported into the US but they seem like an awesome car to own. Anyways his turbo went out and I need help finding one so I can send it to him in Kazakhstan. So I dont know what size turbo to get or where to find them. I guess since he is replacing the turbo he will need a new gasket kit as well and I was going to send him some new plugs aswell. Any help would be great.

Much appreciated guys! :D

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:28 pm

kazakhstan hey! say hi to borat for me :lol:
more information required is it a turbo1 or turbo2 ?
he wont need a new turbo to manifold gasket,the stock item is made from metal and they are fairly indestructable.
cheers matty

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:01 pm

Haha good call turbocab, sure all the khazakstanies love borat.

Its an '81 so it wil be T1. A place called strong for honda in Auckland NZ usually have reconditioned T1 turbos and are usually willing to ship, although it wont be cheap.

http://www.stronghonda.co.nz/where_are_we.htm

turbo_blitz21

Postby turbo_blitz21 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:56 am

:D
Last edited by turbo_blitz21 on Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

turbo_blitz21

Postby turbo_blitz21 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:57 am

Hey guys I appreciate all your help. I sent that shop an email so I hope I get a response. The more and more I check the City out the more I like it.

Big up ya self!

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:29 am

I remember not long ago, several posters getting flamed for lack of

S E A R C H...

...have agood look, try info base, as I'd be surprised if theres not a dozen posts highlighting interchangable turbos, and other car modela they can be sourced from , especially for newer turbos,,,like the Holden Rodeo version...maybe theres a GM version of a Rodeo engin ein the US you could source one from!?

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:27 am

Yeah I guess you could call around the turbo shops over there and see if anyone has any IHI RHB-5-1's thats the factory turbo, or an IHI RHF-5-1 thats the ball bearing version.

Return to “General”