Ignition timing/Smoke

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Silver2
Forum Regular

Ignition timing/Smoke

Postby Silver2 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:07 pm

Have got a small miss at idle, if the ignition timing is out will this cause the miss. Has had new plugs and leads

Second problem is that I have white smoke coming out the exhaust. Seems to start once it had been sitting idling for a while and then when you give it some gas heaps of it pours out. Looks like turbo smoke?

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:56 pm

Dunno bout the smoke, guess it could be turbo.

I have had a slight miss in my car at idle for ever, I have replaced pretty much everything in the ignition and adjusted everything, I have no idea what causes it, I just attributed it to the modifications Ive done, like port polish etc. It would be nice to get rid of it tho. If you wanan have a play with your ignition timing just mark it very accurately then go nuts. Mine is bang on I checked it not too long ago.

turbo11
Donating Member

Postby turbo11 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:43 pm

Mine has the same miss at idle, no big deal it only came on when i did exhaust mods and so on. As for the smoke sounds like turbo to me if you can get someone to watch behind u as you make it come on boost if it smokes under load well its simple then its rooted :( .

si
Donating Member

Postby si » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:59 pm

If it only does it when idling then it is probably your valve stem seals, or if its doing it when you're on boost then it most likely your turbo. It's really annoying sitting in traffic and suddenly you're surrounded by smoke!

Return to “General”