Computer issue!!

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
alex
Forum Participant

Computer issue!!

Postby alex » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:21 pm

im going to see a EMS engine management system this week end to purchase, just quiring when wiring it up or any computer what happens with the CVCC how do you link that with an after market computer

help would be greatly appriciated

cheers Alex

turbo11
Donating Member

Postby turbo11 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:27 pm

I have done a Haltech on my T2 and yes you will need to have the cvcc injector working or it will ping bad. I had the standard ecu working the cvcc and the haltech for the rest and that worked fine but now have the Haltech doing it all.
Hope it helps

alex
Forum Participant

Postby alex » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:02 pm

so how did you link your haltech to the cvcc is there somthing that can be programed to it or is it running like a 5th injector principle.
Thanks Turbo11 for your help

Cheers Alex

turbo11
Donating Member

Postby turbo11 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:06 pm

Just have to make sure your ecu will take the resistance of the cvcc injector and fire it at the same time. I have my injectors set on multipoint injection so the cvcc can just be fired with the rest. Looking at the cam the cvcc port opens nearly at the same time as the inlet valve so its not an issue. Will be posting some performance fig from the dyno soon as i will be doing my final tune with the bigger turbo.
Hope this helps

civic
Forum Enthusiast

ems

Postby civic » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:30 pm

Dude, I have an ems system on mine. My mechanic took my 5th injector off, their shit. Just have to modify the advancing heaps and a couple of other things and I got an extra 20kw at the wheels straight away.

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:19 pm

I find that hard to believe mate., sorry but Im gonna have to bust out the old adage.

Pics or it didn't happen

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:07 pm

Easy 20kw gain.

Assuming EMS haven't had it running at stock power and tune yet.
IE, they have a rough estimate of tune and its say on 45kw, but with more tuning increase to more stock power...

I'm sure with playin gwith cvvc injector especially with higher boost they can get great power figures and driveability..

can you get print outs scanned of tune etc?

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:23 pm

I dont think the CVCC system will have bugger all to do with that much power personally. Essentially all it does is provide spark, the volumes of fuel involved are reasonably minute.

Like what smithy said, was prolly running on a shite tune with the EMS cause he didnt have it going with the CVCC so it wasnt make any power, bypass the CVCC and tune it properly and make a bunch more power.

CVCC was all about getting decent performance without using too much fuel, so it used a rich charge intot he cvcc and a leaner charge intot he main piston. The leaner charge made it harder to pre-ignite so it could run lots of boost.

When you are tuning a city for performance you prolly want to run 12.5:1 in the main cylinder for best power, this mixture is probably similar to the mixture of the CVCC stream so you could probably just open the cvcc port to the main ports and not really worry about cvcc. BUT in saying this, I would never expect a significant power gain from doing this.

civic
Forum Enthusiast

ems

Postby civic » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:31 pm

dude u dont have to belive me but i have the car with the EMS on it installed running perfectly making good power he took the fith injector out because when u turn on the ignition the thing just wants to piss out everywhere its crazy i still have the old computer in there to override the thing but it gets tuned on EMS

civic
Forum Enthusiast

pics

Postby civic » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:06 pm

just put pics in gallery have a look

Colza
Forum Addict

Re: ems

Postby Colza » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:48 pm

civic wrote:... when u turn on the ignition the thing just wants to piss out everywhere its crazy...

Yup. Sure. Thats exactly how they behave :roll:

I think we can safely say it was completely rooted and their magical EMS has recovered some of the power lost by its major faults. I would be interested to see it run against a City on standard ECU and see the 20kW for real :lol:

civic
Forum Enthusiast

ems

Postby civic » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:55 pm

yeah there was always lights on the display and didnt worry as was getting the ems it can control it so much its crazy love the thing would recommend it to any one it is difficult but worth it

Return to “General”