Went to wreckers today.

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
James
Moderator / Donating Member

Went to wreckers today.

Postby James » Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:09 pm

And he had like 10 NA cities and 3 turbo 1's, cities reprahzent y0!

One of the city turbos had a really cool little radio that fit in the dash on the drivers side, was about 20mm thick and had am/fm, definately factory. Are those rare? I have never seen one before.

city_racer
Forum Enthusiast

Postby city_racer » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:06 pm

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i've only seen one other one.

it was on a little old ladys city r. it was an option from the japanese factory and only in japan! (they don't work here caus of the radio frequencys) but they are cool little things.

i've got the japanese option brochure for the city and its got it in there. i'll try post a pic. its a great brochure! it would be worth getting so you can just have it you know.

NICE FIND!!!!!!!!!!!!

James

Postby James » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:16 pm

I dont really want it but if anyone else wants me to pull it they can have it for whatever the wreckers charge me + postage. It was in pretty good nick.

Mike_NZ
Donating Member

Postby Mike_NZ » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:57 am

I've still got the one that came with my T2, I removed it when I put my current headunit in. Not sure if it works at all.

Henry

Postby Henry » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:46 pm

You can buy a gadget that fits in the aerial lead that "warps the waves" and allows the Japanese radios work on Australian frequencies. Frequency indicator reads 20 different to actual frequency. Have one in my T11. My Honda Today had a radio that sounds like the one you describe, will try to post a pic soon.

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:36 pm

Henry wrote:You can buy a gadget that fits in the aerial lead that "warps the waves" and allows the Japanese radios work on Australian frequencies. Frequency indicator reads 20 different to actual frequency. Have one in my T11. My Honda Today had a radio that sounds like the one you describe, will try to post a pic soon.

Called a "band expander" aren't they?

Return to “General”