Full MUGEN Suspension

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
James
Moderator / Donating Member

Full MUGEN Suspension

Postby James » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:48 pm

Details to come :wink:
Last edited by James on Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

James

Postby James » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:34 am

So no-one is really interested in Mugen parts then? If so you wont be interested in these photos... For reference the compressor housing in my hand is from a T2 turbo.

si
Donating Member

Postby si » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:34 am

Now where did you find those?! Some decent suspension would be a nice thing to have. Thats actually a T1 compressor housing you're holding there. What is stamped on the other turbo.. ihi RHB5xx? I just had my T1 and T2 turbos off and the T2 is definately larger. T2 turbo was a bit stuffed so i swapped the compressor housing onto the T1 turbo, tried to change the exhaust housing too but the thing wouldn't come off!

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:23 am

bigelboe wrote:So no-one is really interested in Mugen parts then?

You guys make me depressed :(

I can never find cool stuff like that :(

James

Postby James » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:07 am

Hey si how did you identify it as a T1 compressor housing?

I have 2 city turbo turbos, one came off a T2 and thats the one in my hand, the other came off a T1 but seems to be the same. What codes does your T2 turbo have on it, VG2? Does the turbo 2 exhaust housing say 9-R or 12-R on it?

Hyperblade for the right price these goodies could become yours, we will finish cleaning them up today and get some pictures up, its all in exceptionally good nick.

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:18 am

bigelboe wrote:Hey si how did you identify it as a T1 compressor housing?

I have 2 city turbo turbos, one came off a T2 and thats the one in my hand, the other came off a T1 but seems to be the same. What codes does your T2 turbo have on it, VG2? Does the turbo 2 exhaust housing say 9-R or 12-R on it?

Hyperblade for the right price these goodies could become yours, we will finish cleaning them up today and get some pictures up, its all in exceptionally good nick.

Is that a full set of shocks? i.e front and rear.

si
Donating Member

Postby si » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:14 pm

Compressor housing has VG4 on it and its a RHB51D whereas the T1 is a RHB51C or something like that. Not sure about the exhaust housing but i think it might be 12-r or y. I can check it out more tomorrow if you like.

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:20 pm

HyperBlade wrote:Is that a full set of shocks? i.e front and rear.

Yes it is, front and rear shocks and springs. All in very good condition. You can PM me for more info if you want, or i will post up here sometime.

Cleanup taking longer than expected due to me working 10 hour days accross the other side of town and Bigelboe being a lazy **** :lol:

James

Postby James » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:25 pm

Yeah I second that, they are in EXTREMELY good condition, the shocks are much firmer than standard T2 ones you can tell just pushing on them. The springs are made of thicker wire and have less turns so they should be a fair bit stiffer and maybe a bit lower. I recon with this gear in a T2 with some new polyurethane bushings it would handle bloody brilliant.

I also pulled the ECU and Im trying to establish whether it is a MUGEN ecu with the slightly richer mugen rom.

Also the turbo we pulled off it looks bigger than a T2 one to me and colin but Im not sure about that, all I can say so far is its much bigger than a T1 turbo and the housings are about the same size as a VJ6 ihi turbo of a 1600 mazda familia

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:36 pm

All cleaned shineyd and ready to make someones T2 handle really well.

Shocks are very firm, springs are stiffer and lower. All bushings and bearings are in excellent condition!

Offers 8) This is a once in a lifetime opportunity so they wont be going for pocket change.

2meke

Postby 2meke » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:04 pm

mmmmmmm...... drooool. I would love to improve the suspension in my T2 dont know if i could afford the mugen ones though how much were you looking for (you never know the bank might give me a second mortgauge though.lol) just incase I miss out :( what could I do to drastically improve the handling? does anyone have a reccomended configuration for other t2 owners that works like magic???

To quench my insatiatable appetite for knowledge where/what/how the hell did you come accross these! Are they out of a city originally.

keep up the awesome work guys. yeahhhhhhhhh! I thrive on the info on this site. Its so godamn helpful, the guys at the Hamilton Honda dealers either dont have of a clue or for some weird reason greedy with helpful info.

2meke

Postby 2meke » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:21 pm

fingers crossed it is a MUGEN chip..... is seems that is just what is needed to fill in a blank re: the precise mixture settings/map for the city turbo ecu setup

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:53 pm

so what $ you looking for these?

cheers

Jw

James

Postby James » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:12 pm

Hey 2meke, yeah all the gear is out of a Mugen Edition T2 originally. Aside from biggers tires there isn't really anything easy/cheap to do to improve the handling. First cheapest thing would probably be Urethane bushings from superpro, next cheapest thing would either be retensioned springs or some whiteline swaybars (I think they have a listing).

I put the ECU in my car today and it seemed to accelerate smoother than my T1 ecu and idled a bit better, cant really tell if its the mugen one until I rip the info off it.

Quiklude we were sorta wanting the market to set the price, we would like these to go to someone we know who has been on this forum for a while because these are so rare we want them to go to someone who will really appreciate them and will take us for a drive with them in their T2 :D

These shocks feel like they are in pretty much as new condition, which is freaking amazing considering they are probably close to 20 years old.

I was so tempted to modify them and put them in my civic but we decided that was Honda blasphemy.

So I guess fire colza an offer of what you think they are worth to you (if you are interested) and we can go from there :D

city_mad
Forum Regular

Postby city_mad » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:35 pm

hey about the mugen shocks would they fit in a t1? cause im realy keen on them :shock: and what you looking at for them?

Return to “General”