Full MUGEN Suspension

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
City_Ridah
Forum Regular

Postby City_Ridah » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:58 pm

Im interested, if they're still available.
cheers

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:19 pm

Well i purchased them and installed them.

Theres no need for pictures as they are excatly the same height as the stock T2 suspension. :? By excatly i mean 0.00mm difference.

The springs however have roughly one coil less and are a lot stiffer. They are of the same thickness as T2 coils

It changed the handling of the back end so now it doesn't feel as if its flexing as much going around a corner, is holding its line a lot better. Feels flatter through the corners as well.

We have also checked the T2 suspension against the T1 suspension and have found they are quite a bit different, T1 is longer and has one more coil.

James

Postby James » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:09 pm

Mnn the coils I had on my car must have been T1 coils because that mugen ones were definately thicker.

We assumed it would be lower because the spring was barely captive and had less coils, it must be so much stiffer it barely compresses with the sitting weight of the car.

So the big question is are you happy with your purchase? Do you recon you got your money worths in better handling?

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:10 pm

bigelboe wrote:Mnn the coils I had on my car must have been T1 coils because that mugen ones were definately thicker.

We assumed it would be lower because the spring was barely captive and had less coils, it must be so much stiffer it barely compresses with the sitting weight of the car.

So the big question is are you happy with your purchase? Do you recon you got your money worths in better handling?

We can push on the rear of one of our other T2's and it moves a lot, push on mine now and it hardly moves.

If you put the T2 and Mugen suspension side by side you would be hard pressed to see the difference, its all in the stiffness.

I suggest for your civic you might want to try T2 springs should give you a better ride

The handling is definitely better then standard, and i'm half glad its the same height as it keeps the good ground clearance. But i suggest you double check your next item you sell before claiming stuff.

Also try not to mangle them getting them out, i.e the rear brake line tabs ;)

James

Postby James » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:28 pm

Yeah sorry about that, we didn't actually have a T2 to put it in but it looked like it would be lower :/

I actually have full whiteline lowering springs in my car now which have a great ride :D

The mangling was not done by us, must have been a previous owner. We practically diassemble old hondas for a living, takes me 40 mins to change both my front springs and brake rotors :D

bulld0g
Forum Regular

Postby bulld0g » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:37 pm

rippped off :roll:

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:53 am

bigelboe wrote:Yeah sorry about that, we didn't actually have a T2 to put it in but it looked like it would be lower :/

I actually have full whiteline lowering springs in my car now which have a great ride :D

The mangling was not done by us, must have been a previous owner. We practically diassemble old hondas for a living, takes me 40 mins to change both my front springs and brake rotors :D

I thought that might have been the case with the mangling, i wish people would take more care. Even if it takes slightly longer to get them out.

It took me 5 hours with dad to do the whole lot, some of the nuts were being quite stubborn.

Was interesting to find i was running different shocks on the back, of different lengths, which meant the left side was down by 5mm.

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:57 am

bulld0g wrote:rippped off :roll:

I do not believe so, they sold Mugen shocks and i got mugen shocks, im sure however next time they will be a lot more careful in what they assume the features are.

And im also sure if i wanted to i could get my money back from them. I am however satisfied and will keep them. As they have improved the handling by quite alot.

Just not the looks ;)

James

Postby James » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:23 pm

We weren't out there to rip anyone off, col was actually offered more money elsewhere but decided they should stay in the cityturbo.com regular family.

I am really surprised they didn't turn out any lower, mugen must have really wanted to keep it factory in terms of ground clearece and stuff, also keeps the suspension geometry more where it should be.

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:13 pm

bigelboe wrote:We weren't out there to rip anyone off, col was actually offered more money elsewhere but decided they should stay in the cityturbo.com regular family.

I am really surprised they didn't turn out any lower, mugen must have really wanted to keep it factory in terms of ground clearece and stuff, also keeps the suspension geometry more where it should be.

I have had a look at the mugen racer pics and i do not believe those were lowered either, the kit just extends down further.

Mugen must have really wanted to keep the clearance. and its possible its to allow bigger/wider wheels on while getting a good setup.

James

Postby James » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:19 pm

Yeah. It also may be that when you lower cities you encounter problems like bump and roll steer like you do in 1st gen civics. And you have really funny geometry like my car does :D with the lower control arms actually pointing upwards instead of downwards.

bulld0g
Forum Regular

Postby bulld0g » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:15 pm

I wasn't being serious, was just a smart-assed comment.
They're still a collectable item being Mugen and very rare being an aftermarket part for the ER city Turbo!

TURBOCITYCITY
Forum Enthusiast

Postby TURBOCITYCITY » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:49 am

how much did you end up selling those suckers for?... and where the shit did you find them O_O

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:12 am

TURBOCITYCITY wrote:how much did you end up selling those suckers for?... and where the shit did you find them O_O

I would prefer if the price was not mentioned here.

He found them on a Turbo2 in Auckland badged as a mugen one.

James

Postby James » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:59 am

HyperBlade wrote:
TURBOCITYCITY wrote:how much did you end up selling those suckers for?... and where the shit did you find them O_O

I would prefer if the price was not mentioned here.

He found them on a Turbo2 in Auckland badged as a mugen one.

I thought that might be the case, hence me not replying.

Cant wait for a drive on them :D

Return to “General”