Got it up and running at last....

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
mangusta
Forum Enthusiast

Got it up and running at last....

Postby mangusta » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:41 pm

Finally got my T1 running, put a second hand engine in, no knocks, but it is running rough, and once warmed up it hunts on idle by as much as 500rpm....

I have some overhauled injectors coming through, and we have already swapped the CAS etc in case there were faulty readings coming through....

Also, disconnected ox. sensors made no difference, any other ideas what is causing this? the injectors are being cut in and out to cause the surge, so either the control box has gone mental, or something is giving a bad reading??

Also, my car has sat for a loooong time with no battery, the pgm-fi isn't one of those ecu's that needs to "learn" a bit before it runs real well is it?

Cheers
Paul

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:36 pm

Its probably just a vacuum leak mate, they tend to surge hard when you either have a vacuum leak or someone has adjusted the idle improperly but using the throttle stop.

mangusta
Forum Enthusiast

Postby mangusta » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:47 pm

Thanks bigelboe, will track down the idle adjust info and see if I can find any vac leaks too.

Cheers
Paul

mangusta
Forum Enthusiast

Postby mangusta » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:24 pm

Got some info out of the infobase, but the picture from this article:

viewtopic.php?t=10

Has dissappeared, if I remember rightly it has the idle screws labelled, can anyone track down a copy, just want to make sure I have it right ;-)

Cheers
Paul

mangusta
Forum Enthusiast

Postby mangusta » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:55 pm

Worked on it again tonight, found the timing was wrong (dizzy half a turn out, re-setup the dizzy, timed it right, and it's running much better.

Vacuum appears to be high, but it is still hunting, can see the load idle up kicking in and out. Will check all the hoses next to see if there is a leak. Hose to the map sensors is good, but there are quite a few left to check...

Do you wind the idle step up in or out to stop hunting?

Also, what should be the default for the idle screw ie, two turns from all the way in?? just so we can isolate the cause.

Also, the water heater on the bottom of the idle adjuster assy. doesn't appear to get warm, so it may be that it's blocked up and thats causing issues, can this cause hunting?

Cheers
Paul

si
Donating Member

Postby si » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:33 am

Have you bled the coolant out of the little bleed nipple thing near the distributor? They tend to hunt if you have air trapped in the system, has happened to me before.

mangusta
Forum Enthusiast

Postby mangusta » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:02 am

Yeah, got that all sorted too, but it looks like the vac advance diaphragms are shot, this is probably all thats left wrong now.

Also a note for all, number 1 lead on the dizzy cap has a small raised ridge on the outside of the cap, took us about an hour of swapping around and re-timing the dizzy to work that out ;-)

Cheers
Paul

Return to “General”