Headlight Problem

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
ToOLx

Headlight Problem

Postby ToOLx » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:20 pm

Hey ya'll,

I'm having problems with the headlights on the honda. While driving at night the headlights seem to flicker/drop out after I switch the indicator off. To get them back on I'm having to flick the highbeam on and off rapidly, which of course sometimes isn't working.

Just wondering if any of you guys have had a similar problem and can recommend a solution to this problem which is becoming dangerous when at random the lights are dropping out. However the tail lights are still on so there is still power running through to the lights in the back.

Would appreciate any relevant feedback on this problem.
Cheers
Josh

Henry
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Henry » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:27 pm

I had a problem with light switching although not the same as yours, it was the grease/lubricant which was used in the light switch stalk when it was originally assembled and after 23 years had dried out enough to stop the contacts from connecting, if you do pull it apart be mindfull that there are some springs in there and it's a job that definately shouldn't be rushed. Remember, you probably can't buy a new one if you stuff it.

ToOLx

Postby ToOLx » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:54 pm

K the problem has been sorted finally,

Worked out the problem with a bit of help from FadeR and mozzy on the weekend. Seems the headlight wiring became loose in under the steering wheel, so it required a soldering iron and about 10 minutes. Back in business driving at night has never been so safe!

:D

Return to “General”