Problems with the little blackbox and the Factory ebc.

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:30 pm

bigelboe wrote:No O2 sensor is not causing those problems, you can safely disconnect it and the car works fine. Idle might be slightly richer than normal. Even if it calls an error code 1 (I think thats the 02 one) the car runs fine and idles smooth.

The only thing it does is tune your idle and low load mixtures a bit better to save fuel, has no effect on full throttle operation.

Replaced the o2 sensor.

We also swapped the black boxes over between cars, as we did it we chucked some contact cleaner down the valve.

This seems to have fixed it, neither car is overboosting now.

Thanks for the help guys!

Now on to the next problem.

James

Postby James » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:49 pm

Nice, maybe it had some gunge in the valve that was making it close slower or something. Good to hear youve fixed it :D

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:49 pm

bigelboe wrote:That must be a hell of a vacuum leak mate, you sure its not something else? Possibly a bung ignition coil?

No im not 100% sure it is just that :)

Im just eliminating problems one after the other...
Got the intake i built surfaced today, so shold be a good start!

Hopefully will be full vacume when i bung it back on, otherwise im getting annoyed.

PS - looks like i will put a link onto my motor as well, ive got all that sused now and will ring wasted spark ignition setup and ditch the distributor/ vacume advance...

Jw

James

Postby James » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:32 pm

Nice one, the link will simplify things a bit. IMHO the city throttle body is one of the worst restrictions in the whole system, I recon you should ditch it for a 63mm b16 or similar TB, maybe a 58mm from a n/a silvia or something...

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:46 pm

bigelboe wrote:Nice one, the link will simplify things a bit. IMHO the city throttle body is one of the worst restrictions in the whole system, I recon you should ditch it for a 63mm b16 or similar TB, maybe a 58mm from a n/a silvia or something...

yes its definatly not too flash!

Im wondering if its opened up into one complete intake what would happen, getting rid of the twin throttle setup?

Cheers

James

Postby James » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:13 pm

It would make the throttle more touchy but would flow heaps better. Colza had my car running with a 63mm Si civic TB and said the throttle was quite touchy but not too bad, I personally think they could do with a bit more throttle response.

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:40 pm

yes they tend to be a bit sluggish, thats why i butchered my flywheel to get it responding a bit quicker..

Jw

James

Postby James » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:42 pm

I didnt notice too much difference going from my butchered T2 flywheel back to a full weight T1 flywheel in all honesty. Maybe slightly smoother idling...

You can understand why they are sluggish when you look down the barrels and turn the thing by hand, for the first like 45 degress you open up bugger all intake cause of that teeny tiny primary throttle

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:45 pm

yeh :( owell, will see how i go, its just a "daily driver" cant go to much more nuts... other things to play with :lol:

i have a 57?mm throttle and probably some vtech ones kicking about that i could use, will see if the link worksout ok first i feel.

Cheers

James

Postby James » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:50 pm

Yeah, just those throttle bodies might simplfy the vacuum piping a bit more, then you could change to a nice tidy log manifold, just shift the injectors higher and take the cvcc off the main charge. Cause you'll prolly want to run a fairly rich mixture for good power anyway :D

Return to “General”