T1 or T2?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Caleb
Donating Member

T1 or T2?

Postby Caleb » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:04 pm

Hi guys I'm on my way to see a city turbo on saturday but i dont no how to tell if its a t1 or t2, I was hoping someone could tell me what to look for? :D

falco
Forum Regular

Postby falco » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:05 pm

Nah, rebuild it! There aren't enough City Turbos on the road any more...

Caleb
Donating Member

Postby Caleb » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:14 pm

yea I wish :( , but apparently it's been in a roll over accident :( , I still have tomorrow to see it, but I sill have lots options available. My car has a leaky head gasket so I could fix it or get a turbo EB or EL, EK :idea: 8)

Caleb
Donating Member

Postby Caleb » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:43 pm

8) Thanx guys for all your replys :wink: I bought it for $500 so that brings the tally to 2 citys, 1 cab & now a rolled T1. Witch brings me to a new problem :cry: ,there is no current going to the fuel pump i've tested the wires going in to the fuel pump-no current, i've tested the fuel pump itself-works fine, the wreckers i bought it from bipassed the immobilizer but i dont think thay got to all the wires, when took out the immobilizer i unplugged something in the fuse box that it was connected 2, i dont no were the to wires go so any help would be very appreciated :D

thanx again :!:

Caleb
Donating Member

Postby Caleb » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:46 pm

8)

falco
Forum Regular

Postby falco » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:59 pm

Hi - don't know if I can help, still looking for that damned translated diagram. Are there any colours on the wires attached to that plug? What's the problem exactly, the wires that go into the plug have just been cut off and don't go anywhere any more?

f.

Caleb
Donating Member

Postby Caleb » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:15 pm

Hay falco it's all good now i went searching thru my cabs fuse box & found it, it's just been cut & connected to the immobilizer, cheap immobilizer if thats all it duz, by the way i had anouther question :?: what duz the 1 & 2 stand for, is it series or mark/make or something else :?:

falco
Forum Regular

Postby falco » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:26 pm

Hi Caleb, I'm definitely the wrong person to answer that question, but I'll take a stab at it, and others can correct me! The T1 is the earlier model (maybe 1981-1983?), T2's the later (1983 - 1987?). The differences aren't huge; externally, the bonnet's different (I think T1s had a barnacle on the bonnet to clear the intercooler, T2s had a one-piece bonnet, with the bulge built in). Mechanically, the engines are similar, but with some performance-related differences. The T2 head has larger inlet (?) valves, and other changes to the induction/CVCC system, and adds an intercooler.

That's my understanding of the situation, if anything's wrong there please correct me, both Caleb and I will learn something!

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:38 pm

Hi Caleb, I'm definitely the wrong person to answer that question, but I'll take a stab at it, and others can correct me! The T1 is the earlier model (maybe 1981-1983?), T2's the later (1983 - 1987?). The differences aren't huge; externally, the bonnet's different (I think T1s had a barnacle on the bonnet to clear the intercooler, T2s had a one-piece bonnet, with the bulge built in). Mechanically, the engines are similar, but with some performance-related differences. The T2 head has larger inlet (?) valves, and other changes to the induction/CVCC system, and adds an intercooler.

Year ranges are right, bonnets are different. T2 has much different suspension, 100mm wider front track, stiffer sway bars and springs.

Engines are very similar, T2 has bigger valves, bigger throttle bodies, bigger turbo, different cam I believe as well as slightly higher compression.

ECU's are a bit different, T2 doesn't have the exhaust recirc valve but has more solenoids, slightly richer mixtures.

T2 has a top mount intercooler that is ok but reasonably inefficient.

T1 makes 100hp. T2 makes 110Hp.

Other stuff too, look in the infobase.

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:59 pm

Better seats to!

T2 also has a stiffer chassis.

mangusta
Forum Enthusiast

Postby mangusta » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:22 am

Bigelboe....

In the pic above, the blank space to the right of the plug with 4 horizontal slots has the text Fuel Cut on it, I have the same on my car, but haven't been able to get a good pic of it.....

I'll try to test it on my car to see if it's connected, but have you ever seen that before?

Cheers
Paul

James

Postby James » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:09 am

I can't actually see those pictures up above?

Every city fuse box I have ever seen has had an empty socket labelled "Fuel Cut". Only one person on here has seen a city with something in that socket but that could be just a relay someone has stuffed in there to see if it did anything.

Would be nice to know what that socket was connected to tho. Might make my fuel cut defender easier to install.

Caleb
Donating Member

Postby Caleb » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:22 pm

:idea: ok as for the fuel cut socket in my 2 cars the turbo1 is empty but the cab's isn't, i'll try & describe it to you, its a black box 42mm deep with 3 of the 5 connection-(pins), inside the box theres a code (CF-303) & some on the pins_ pin1 (FP), pin2 (+), pin4 (IG), 1 capacitor, 3 resistors, 1 transistor, & 2 diodes.
:oops: also about my question earlier i was more referring to what the 1&2 stand for (i.e. honda city turbo series 2) :?:

James

Postby James » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:10 am

Yeah there are "Honda City Turbo 1" s and "Honda City Turbo 2" s, honda sorta copied renault at the time for those names.

Caleb
Donating Member

Postby Caleb » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:15 pm

8) Cool so it doesn't stand for anything but it's the equivalent to series,
and those french renos are pretty cool, the renault 5 turbo 2 that is, sorta same as the city in a way, light weight (900kg) with a powerful turbo engin, i read somewhere that it grips to the road like a skyline GT with racing sliks

speaking of racing for those who saw round 2 of the V8 supercars in Adelaide today all i can say is GO HOLDEN :twisted:

Return to “General”