turbo II hks ecu few qustions

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
madmini
Donating Member

turbo II hks ecu few qustions

Postby madmini » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:39 pm

hi all i just got hold of a t2 city im striping for parts (heavy accident damage to the side),i was pulling wiring loom out and found few goodies under seats first was a turst fuel cut system then i notced some spare plugs,so followed them to under passenger seat and there lies a hks f-con ecu,nice....it wasnt pluged in but i thought what the hey so pluged it in and it went now heres the qustions,

1,when i plug it in its piggyed of the orignal ecu,when orig one is used idle is nice starts real easy but when hks one is in use it take like 1sec longer to fire and is lumpy but seems more responsive im thinking its telling orginal ecu to run richer correct?

2 car still has cat in system in saying i remove this grind out the waste gate flapper as seen in other serches :) possibley biger intercooler but not by a lot that would be fitted to front bumper rather over hot engine,
add pod fillter but once again away fronm engine what sort of power would it be puting out??

also boost i see factory was around 10-12psi i have put in gauge but only shows approx 6-7psi at 5500 but in saying that car has been sitting still since sept last year so might be sticky wastegate

cheers pete.

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:32 am

Thats an awesome find mate.

1. No idea on this one, would have thought it left the idle alone.

2. If you do all of that you can probably run 15-16psi and according to others on this forum you should be making 150hp +-10hp

As for the low boost thats a bit strange. You might have a boost leak? Either that or a shagged turbo, or some real big exhaust restriction.

You should check that T2 for other goodies, check the struts to see if they are standard, no white stickers on them? the mugen ones Hyper has were under black paint.

Check the gearbox for LSD maybe? take both axles out and see if you can see all the way through one axel hole out the other, if you can see the shiney metal pin its just a normal one.

Glenn_Biscan
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Glenn_Biscan » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:00 pm

Hey mate,

This is my old T2, its silver with the strange wheels ?

There should actually be 2 different HKS items under the seat. 1 is the HKS piggy back the other is the HKS fuel cut defender ( actually has the city turbo fuel map on it.

The turbo is not the standard city turbo item. it is also a HKS turbo. Not sure if the car has an LSD or not, but it does do 2 wheel burnouts. I recall this turbo spooling fairly late. And making around the 17psi of boost mark with good power.

Cheers
Glenn

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:23 pm

Glenn_Biscan wrote:Hey mate,

There should actually be 2 different HKS items under the seat. 1 is the HKS piggy back the other is the HKS fuel cut defender ( actually has the city turbo fuel map on it.

The turbo is not the standard city turbo item. it is also a HKS turbo. Not sure if the car has an LSD or not, but it does do 2 wheel burnouts. I recall this turbo spooling fairly late. And making around the 17psi of boost mark with good power.

Cheers
Glenn

This is a different one, hes in Wellington.

turbo11
Donating Member

Postby turbo11 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:56 pm

Yeah i have the HKS F-Con and yep it has the same probs run rich at idle but working on way to tune it out.

madmini
Donating Member

Postby madmini » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:05 pm

Glenn_Biscan wrote:
Hey mate,

Cheers
Glenn

yes your right hks was under passengers seat and fuel cut was tucked under honda ecu on drivers side,fuel cut is a trust item but has city turbo on side of it,turbo spools around 3200 standing still (unable to drive it due to damage)but when spools up diesnt seem to know what a red line is even with just honda ecu pluged in im hopeing tio get engine out this friday/saterday so will post reply here on turbo and gearbox if has lsd

cheers pete.

James

Postby James » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:25 am

Sweet, post a pic of the compressor cover of the turbo too, one where we can read the numbers :D

madmini
Donating Member

Postby madmini » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:07 pm

well today i was temped to see what turbo this t2 has so dug around and got a mirror out and light to see if it had a hsk turbo..sadly :cry: no it doesnt has std city ihi turbo

cheers pete

turbo11
Donating Member

Postby turbo11 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:30 pm

Sorry madmini, i have that T2 that glenn was talking about that has the bigger turbo on it. It was not a hks unit its a greddy TD04, external hks wastegate, adaptor to use this setup on the standard manifold with trust boost controller with the hks f-con.

James

Postby James » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:31 am

Madmini, what size of ihi is it? just the vg6?

madmini
Donating Member

Postby madmini » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:40 pm

hi all yes has std vf6 turbo on it pulled it out 30 mins ago as for diff that is also std has shiney pin inside as well

as i pulled it out no 27 hose was not coneted to anything does anyone know where this goes?

i have sold front end apart from brakes struts still have front bumper passenger door good nic blue carpet in real good nick and few other odds and ends if anyone wants bit ya got till tuesday then wendsday its off to the crusher

cheers pete.

Return to “General”