backfiring

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
gobbler
Forum Regular

backfiring

Postby gobbler » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:08 pm

Hello everybody I need some advice. Every now and then my car backfires THROUGH the turbo.

Does anyone know what could be wrong?

One other thing, why is there a vacuum hose connected to the wastegate diaphragm?

jay
Forum Enthusiast

Postby jay » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:43 pm

mine use to do that i mucked around with the ignition timeing and it stoped sorry i carnt remember if i retarded it or advanced it i think i retarded it a few degrease

gobbler
Forum Regular

backfiring

Postby gobbler » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:27 am

I have tried that it didn't work. I dont know why it's doing it through the turbo????

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:02 am

Get http://www.firefox.com and use the spell checker or use proper english.

I'm sick of your posts so can't be bothered helping you. I'm sure i'm not the only one who feels like this.

Just because your on the internet doesn't mean you have to use txt speak.

Post some easily readable posts and i'm sure you will get a lot more help. We do appreciate it.

James

Postby James » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:26 am

I fixed it up a bit.

Firstly why are you suprised its going back through the turbo? There is nowhere else for a backfire to go...

Secondly it sounds like your ignition timing as Jay has mentioned, the only time I have ever had a city backfire is with bad ignition timing.

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:18 pm

Not true Bigleboe, My city is timed correctly and i get backfire, depends on the exhaust as well.

I think we may be getting confused with terms here. I take a backfire as when the explosion happens on the intake side of the engine and comes back through the turbo and out the airfilter, happened to me once when I had the dizzy a couple of teeth out.

The *pok* sound that comes out of the exhaust every now and then while idling I call a misfire, my car is perfectly timed and I get this too, have never worked out why. Just out of interest do you know if the head is skimmed on your car hyper?

gobbler
Forum Regular

backfiring

Postby gobbler » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:34 am

i got it fixed car was running rich so put hotter plugs in and i do have lumpey cams and bigger inlet ports so running better

jay
Forum Enthusiast

Postby jay » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:18 pm

that is very weird cos a car that runs rich will more likly back fire through the exhaust. a car that back fires or pops back through the inlet or for turbo cars through the turbo means its eather timeing or its starving for fule

Return to “General”