poor acceleration..

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Justin
Forum Participant

poor acceleration..

Postby Justin » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:51 am

It started last year on our trip back from California, Twyla filled up her conv civic, (Turbo II swap) and it would run good in the lower gears (1-3) but if you tried to accelerate in 4th or 5th, the temp would climb, the boost would sit at 12psi, the rpms would increase slowly, but it seemed like the car was being held back.. fast forward 6months, I put a new pump in it, had the injectors cleaned and a new fuel filter, it will pull hard thru 1-3, but if you shift into 4th and try to pin it, it seems to hit the wall and not pick up, you back off the throttle and then punch it, it will pick up, 5th gear seems to be worse.. you cannot accelerate in 5th on the hi-way.. arounf town I can throw it in 4th or 5th and it will move along just not very quickly....
any idea's?

Justin

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:00 am

Timing?

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:58 am

Your ignition coil might be dieing, try swapping it out with another one, make sure you get a resistorless one.

Justin
Forum Participant

Postby Justin » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:45 am

I'll check those 2 things.. I was in the states over the weekend, and twyla was doing a fair bit of hi-way driving, and no problems.. seems to have cleared up... bad gas(maybe water) finally pushed thru the system

Return to “General”