Compressor rotation for front mount installation

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Mike_NZ
Donating Member

Compressor rotation for front mount installation

Postby Mike_NZ » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:05 pm

Hi Guys,
Over the year I've been slowly collecting the parts necessary for me to put a front mount intercooler and new intake on my T2. Since it's my only car and I need it to get around I'm going to have to do it all in the space of a few days, so I want to make sure my planning is good.

I'm going to put a 550*140*65 cooler down in the front bumper, and I've been thinking about how I'm going to run the piping.
The way the turbo sits at the moment means any piping needs to come up and over the engine before going down to the intercooler, what I was wondering was whether anyone has considered rotating the compressor housing and running the piping to the cooler under the engine, thus reducing the complexity and amount of pipe used?

It's been wet the last few days so I haven't got under there to assess the feasibility myself, but thought I see if anyone has any thoughts on the matter.

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:43 pm

I have considered it, if you can miss the wastegate actuator then you should be ok. It would make the piping a bit simpler, might make the engine bay look a bit tidier too. You should come and grab the 2.5" intake off me and see if its gonna fit on your engine?

Return to “General”