pulley wheel just fell off!!!!!!

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
sin-city_turbo
Forum Regular

pulley wheel just fell off!!!!!!

Postby sin-city_turbo » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:28 am

Hey people,

to me this seems awfully unusual but here goes

A while back i removed the air con unit from my T1, and to get the air con belt off i cut it and everything else was fine

then recently i started up the beast and *clank crash clank* the alternator pulley wheel and the big fat bolt that holds it in came rolling out!!

at the time i didn't know what they were so put them aside thinking it was just stuff from the air con that i had left in there. then my parents cleaned out the garage and must have thrown them away :cry:

Now the car doest start unless being jumpstarted because the alternator is not working!!!

So off i went to pick a part to get another pulley wheel and bolt, i got there and found that it was impossible to undo the bolt because it just spins the other pullys along with stuff in the engine haha.

does anyone know how i can attain another bolt and pulley wheel?
any ideas or help would be great

cheers team

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:01 pm

To undo it from a car you have to put it in gear to stop the engine spinning. If the gearbbox or whatever isnt connected you can try jamming something in the cam wheel or the flywheel ring gear to stop it turning over.

When you replace yours is quite important to either torque it to the correct value or do it up really tight.

sin-city_turbo
Forum Regular

Postby sin-city_turbo » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:48 pm

cheers for the help guys,

I haven't driven the car with out the alternator, because i knew SOMETHING would give in and die haha.

alright il head back to pick a part sometime soon hopefully and give it a go.

cheers again, and il repost with the result incase there is a next time for someone else.

Return to “General”