Hey

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
samol
Forum Enthusiast

Hey

Postby samol » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:14 am

My names sam and im looking to do up my city 1984 over a period of time. I come from Dunedin New Zealand and am into sounds which is the main reason for the car. Im currently looking to buy and install these

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =117496908
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... ermanent=0

The city is just a CityE ( :oops: don't kick me off cause im a non turbo) And has currently had the rust taken out of it (so patches of primer) but is an aftermarket metallic rose colour.

Plans are to eventually paint black (i have a hookup for paint) and also put some nice wheels on it.
Not sure on the extent i want to change the motor (auto 1200cc) simply for the fact of cost, though it is starting to go very slow (currently have ~150kgs of audio gear in it)

Can anyone advise me on what to do with regards to the motor on the cheaper side of things (uni student) and also in regards to the cosmetics.

PS this car will be entering the dB dragging in Autosalon Christchurch next weekend

EDIT: just realised, The stock speakers in it are 4". I have some focals 4" for next weekend but is there any factory model with bigger speakers? Or will i have to do some custom work?

Sam

samol
Forum Enthusiast

Postby samol » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:59 pm

OK lets take this a little easier.

Do any city's come with bigger than 4" speakers in the front from standard?

Thanks

sam

city_mad
Forum Regular

Postby city_mad » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:14 am

hey sam i live in dunedin if you wana meet up and have a chat im all ears?

samol
Forum Enthusiast

Postby samol » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:16 pm

Hey, its good to hear there is a turbo owner around here, thanks for the generous offer, though im not sure i have much to talk about yet. Pretty much just looking to upgrade everything in/on the current city that i have....

The car usually resides in southland (i don't want to have it at uni when its not being used).

Any idea how easy it would be to drop in a turbo motor into a citE auto?

thanks

Sam

city_mad
Forum Regular

Postby city_mad » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:15 pm

were everwere you just have to look haha allgood mate umm the engine wouldnt be hard to drop in but im not sure about the box id say you would have to get a engine and gear box together

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:02 pm

samol wrote:Hey, its good to hear there is a turbo owner around here, thanks for the generous offer, though im not sure i have much to talk about yet. Pretty much just looking to upgrade everything in/on the current city that i have....

The car usually resides in southland (i don't want to have it at uni when its not being used).

Any idea how easy it would be to drop in a turbo motor into a citE auto?

thanks

Sam

Engine and gearbox is fine, wiring is tricky. You pretty much need a whole turbo doner car to get all the bits.

Would be cheaper and a heck of a lot easier to buy a T1, they are still pretty common.

As for your speakers I very much doubt any of the cities came with anything bigger than 4" in the front, there was a crazy tybe of city that came witha set in the roof but I have never seen them.

samol
Forum Enthusiast

Postby samol » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:11 pm

In the roof? mint!! If only...
Looks like iv got some fibreglass work on my hands then thats sweet just takes a little more time.

The car is now comitted as the car i keep due to some of the things iv put in being unable to take back out (dynamat extreme)

Anything i can do to upgrade the performance of the car then? (im new to performance mods) But could i throw some stuff in to make it go harder?

Mike_NZ
Donating Member

Postby Mike_NZ » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:52 pm

My T2 had some crappy paper 6.5" door speakers when I got it, not sure if they were stock but they looked old enough to be.
They were mounted to a bracket which was mounted inside a bigger hole in the door, 8" in diameter I think.
I'd say it'd definitely be worth pulling your door apart and seeing what you could fit in there, it's pretty easy, there's a few screws around the edges and in the handle, and a crappy little clip that holds the window winder handle on. Otherwise it all pops off pretty sweet.

samol
Forum Enthusiast

Postby samol » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:16 pm

Yea na iv taken the speaker out before, just looking to see if i can cut a corner by buying a $10 part that would mean i wouldnt need custom fabrication. But if thats the way i have to go then ill go hard at it, see if i can get some FJL-65C's that i have lying around in there.

By the way how does the crappy little clip on the door handle work?

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:19 pm

Seriously, you need more than the engine/gearbox.

You need the;
- Petrol Tank
- New petrol lines, plus a fuel pump
- Wiring, which needs to be spliced to run things like windscreen wipers, rear brake lights, blinkers etc.
- Computer
- BASICALLY A WHOLE CAR!

We are preventing years of agony and thousands of dollars, just buy a T1 or T2.

samol
Forum Enthusiast

Postby samol » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:09 am

Ok that's not as fun then......

Anything i can do for my current city?

Sam

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:25 am

Changing to Manual would be cost effective.

Choose the right box for the heavyer loads. 4spd or 5spd?

samol
Forum Enthusiast

Postby samol » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:27 am

Going to manual it would perform better?

How much would this conversion cost?

thanks

Sam

Return to “General”