Strange boost problem

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
el roacho
Forum Regular

Strange boost problem

Postby el roacho » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:53 pm

I have bought a ball and spring model boost controller and when I installed it all it did was freeboost. The seller then sent me an in cabin adjustable model and the adjustment knob does not seem to have any effect (it still runs 11psi no matter how much I turn the adjustment knob). The other interesting thing is that on both the controllers the nipple which says "to pressure source" has to be connected to the wastegate actuator and the nipple which says "to wastegate actuator" has to be connected to the turbo, otherwise all it does is freeboosts when the instructions are followed, but when I swapped them round they worked slightly better but I still cant wind up the boost to 14psi which is really starting to piss me off!! Any ideas?

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Re: Strange boost problem

Postby James » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:25 pm

el roacho wrote:I have bought a ball and spring model boost controller and when I installed it all it did was freeboost. The seller then sent me an in cabin adjustable model and the adjustment knob does not seem to have any effect (it still runs 11psi no matter how much I turn the adjustment knob). The other interesting thing is that on both the controllers the nipple which says "to pressure source" has to be connected to the wastegate actuator and the nipple which says "to wastegate actuator" has to be connected to the turbo, otherwise all it does is freeboosts when the instructions are followed, but when I swapped them round they worked slightly better but I still cant wind up the boost to 14psi which is really starting to piss me off!! Any ideas?

Thats your problem, did you make sure you wound the adjuster all the way out before you connected it? It won't work properly unless you connect it the right way.

el roacho
Forum Regular

Postby el roacho » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:45 pm

Yes I have wound the adjuster all the way out before connecting them and I have connected them both ways but still doesn't work.

stum
Forum Participant

Postby stum » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:58 am

is your wastegate actuator poked, i had this problem on my cyborg once.if the spring is too weak the wastegate will open by itself not to metion it will be creeping like a mo fo

Return to “General”