Happy New Year

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
K1W1
Donating Member

Happy New Year

Postby K1W1 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:01 am

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL
Hope you have a safe one and not too big a hangover
I'm off to work

K1W1
Donating Member

Postby K1W1 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:22 pm

80 views and not one reply

Generation "Y"has arrived

el roacho
Forum Regular

Postby el roacho » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:26 pm

It's a bit rude for no-one else to reply

TURBOCITYCITY
Forum Enthusiast

Postby TURBOCITYCITY » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:59 am

yeah...what he said

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:27 am

Yup this forum is full of readers, why I end up replying to myself so often!

madmini
Donating Member

Postby madmini » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:04 pm

seen as im donateing i should have said happy new years :)
i been of work for last 3 weeks this is my last,on monday i finaly put spark plug leads on and gas in my mini-city turbo and bang she fired up first pop,since have filled with fluids ect and started it every day since with no problems bar fuel gauge has throwen a wobbley to be sorted tommorow,not far to go now but if it wasnt for this site and people helping out i doubt id have it going this earlly cheers guys and where i can ill help out too :)

Caleb
Donating Member

Postby Caleb » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:44 pm

well said madmini :wink:

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:28 pm

K1W1 wrote:80 views and not one reply

Generation "Y"has arrived

Well happy new years to you too.

Me i've been sanding sanding and more sanding on my car.

We got the first coat of blue on, and it reacted (badly) with something underneath, so back to sanding. Got some new seal primer and thats been put on today, so getting closer to having it all done.

My old city has gone to the scrap heap in the sky, served me well for many years, but the rust was just getting to much for it. Ill have some pics up when i put my pics of my new paint job up.

Also been working on my city models, have 3 now all half finished, need to spray the bodys before i can continue putting the shells on them. But they are going to be wicked, if you have the racing model its an absolute ass to put together, on the other hand Tamiya who made the T1 and T2 models really know what they are doing.

So quite full on.

madmini
Donating Member

Postby madmini » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:27 pm

quote:

We got the first coat of blue on, and it reacted (badly) with something underneath, so back to sanding. Got some new seal primer and thats been put on today, so getting closer to having it all done.

we get this all the time at work it mostly whats happening is (and im guessing here) you have done some repairs possibly sanded through the clear coat in places,when us panelbeaters paint a car we normaly paint whole panel with a clear coat,so how fix this? what i do (and now my boss does!! :evil: is sand the affected places with 600 grit wet and dry untill its smooth,then the colour your puting on (now trust me on this it works) get it to the point where is thined down just enough to come out the spraygun,and when applying to car do not lay it on wet nor add heat to it this will make it fry up again best way is to dust the colour on and stand there and dry it with the air from the spraygun/compressor,then once youve got that down add the clear but a warning if your planing on useing lacquer clear DONT! it will fry up best to go for 2k as this will seal it as well hope this helps you out cheers pete.

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:43 pm

madmini wrote:quote:

we get this all the time at work it mostly whats happening is (and im guessing here) you have done some repairs possibly sanded through the clear coat in places,when us panelbeaters paint a car we normaly paint whole panel with a clear coat,so how fix this? what i do (and now my boss does!! :evil: is sand the affected places with 600 grit wet and dry untill its smooth,then the colour your puting on (now trust me on this it works) get it to the point where is thined down just enough to come out the spraygun,and when applying to car do not lay it on wet nor add heat to it this will make it fry up again best way is to dust the colour on and stand there and dry it with the air from the spraygun/compressor,then once youve got that down add the clear but a warning if your planing on useing lacquer clear DONT! it will fry up best to go for 2k as this will seal it as well hope this helps you out cheers pete.

The car has had some history, and the clear coat is gone in a lot of places, its a full respray we are doing, someones used bog in a few places, and thats where we had most of the issues, we expected to have issues on the roof, but the entire back bumper went off very badly and it was looking mint when we primered it, we think its to do with the type of undercoat we used, one from supercheap as we ran out of the good stuff, and it was between christmas and new years, and no paint shops were open.

we will be using 2k clear, we also have sanded most of the roof right back, and have a 2 part seal primer now which should with the sanding right back fix our issues.

Currently im working on the special decal for the side, which is giving me major headaches reversing engineering it from the model instructions i have but i will get there in the end.

madmini
Donating Member

Postby madmini » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:48 pm

sounds good,bit like me couldnt see the light at the end of the tunnel then i got it started this week so was a huge weight off my sholders when that happend just got to do driveshafts and few odds and ends,once you have it painted should post a few pics. :)

Return to “General”