Boosting problems

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
eb-mugen
Forum Participant

Boosting problems

Postby eb-mugen » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:12 pm

Help please guys im having boosting problems as soon as my boost cuts in the car starts to splatter i dont no what it could be . this started happening when i got a boost tap put on .Now i have taken the controler tap off and it still is splattering Please help

Thanks

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:58 pm

Youll have to explain the symptoms a bit better than that, spluttering?

el roacho
Forum Regular

Postby el roacho » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:03 pm

Boost cut?

madmini
Donating Member

Postby madmini » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:19 pm

i had same problem with mine would not boost and ended up not going over 3000rpm problem= ignitor in dizzy,thanks to bigelboe for pointing me in the right direction now it goes better than ever!! give that a go mabey?

eb-mugen
Forum Participant

bumpers

Postby eb-mugen » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:17 pm

so does that mean i need another dizzy ?
sometimes its boost real good sometimes it just starts splattering at round 2500rpms and sometimes soon as it spools its starts .

madmini
Donating Member

Postby madmini » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:31 pm

i dont know if theres a test you can do to find out on the dizzy if you have a spare then swap it and see but from going from old posts on here it could be caused either by vac leak,main realy can play up,and dizzy another thng people tend to forget is leads,they do wear out i had a corolla gt years ago and it started missing now and again then got worse,i couldnt find the prob ended up going to auto sparky to sort it as was my only car at time,they caned me 300bucks for time and new leads so now when i get a car it gets full service in hoses leads ect no matter how old or kms traveled,mite be worth haveing a spare dizzy around if it isnt the problem anyway im shure someone on here might have a spart to try??

eb-mugen
Forum Participant

boosting problems

Postby eb-mugen » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:56 pm

hey there madmini finally found out what the prob was thanks for yr help. it was actually my intercooler pipe pressing the leads at the dizzy as i have a front mount and it was shorting. the leads were new but i thought id check it last nite and what do i see spark coming from dizzy lead straight to cooler pipe. but wasnt consistent it was only happening sometimes any one no why that whould be ???

mangusta
Forum Enthusiast

Re: boosting problems

Postby mangusta » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:38 pm

The spark short will only occur intermittently because of the resistance of the short is changing.

Electricity follows the path of least resistance. At idle the resistance to arc across the spark plug is relatively low, so the lead won't short as often (Think about the size of the air gap from the lead to the IC pipe compared to the spark plug...

Break down at higher revs is likely due to the fact that the higher the air pressure is, the harder it is to arc across, so the circuit through the spark plug becomes higher resistance than the short, and it breaks down.

This is a classic example of ignition breakdown, best bet is to check your plugs (worn plugs will make this worse) and leads, and shield the leads from touching metal parts of the engine. The silicone can fatigue from vibration and rubbing against metal then cracks can form in the insulation allowing short outs.

eb-mugen wrote:hey there madmini finally found out what the prob was thanks for yr help. it was actually my intercooler pipe pressing the leads at the dizzy as i have a front mount and it was shorting. the leads were new but i thought id check it last nite and what do i see spark coming from dizzy lead straight to cooler pipe. but wasnt consistent it was only happening sometimes any one no why that whould be ???

Return to “General”