Re: turbocab's T2R replica build

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
DR86
Forum Enthusiast

Postby DR86 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:04 am

LOL vl: fail

Bloody can't wait!

Sub_Frequency
Forum Regular

Postby Sub_Frequency » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:20 pm

rofl,

even if the vl was 3ltr turbo or V8 it wouldnt of had a chance LOFL!!

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:38 pm

Sub_Frequency wrote:rofl,

even if the vl was 3ltr turbo or V8 it wouldnt of had a chance LOFL!!

i wouldnt go that far ive seen a lot of quick vls even with standard 3l turbos and v8s

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:18 am

This is coming along really nicely,

i think option 1 for plate placement looks best. dead centered at the bottom.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:29 pm

after a lot of stuffing around and much machining , fabricating and welding
the t2r has a set of Ksport suspension,ive got to take it in tomorrow to see if he can get the rear a bit lower and fix a little issue with the front coilover but tonights drive to the bottle shop to grab a case of celebratory corona was a fun one!
and now the pics WARNING theres a few!
the first few are the rear spring adjuster modification,i had to turn some steel out to get it to fit on the little lip under the car that i also had to cut with the die gringer.
i next took these lengths of tube and welded them into the shock sleeves the rears were offset to clear the narrow gap between the shock and inner wheel arch.
painted up
i took all the bits i made to frank and returned with this box of awesomness!
rear setup and front coilover.
the strut top spacer needed to be reduced in height so i set to it with grinder and welder,before
after
front coilover fitted
rear
stance, too high in the rear still but should be sorted by the weekend.
well thats it for now,fcuk its going to be hard to work tomorow knowing that is waiting for me at home!

DR86
Forum Enthusiast

Postby DR86 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:48 pm

Freak!!! :twisted:

I like the idea of making new shock bodies, never would have thought of it. Could you lower the rear anymore, cause in the pics it looks like it's at the max low, or is there more thread left we can't see? And how much did it cost? And nice welds there too btw, is that with your ebay special welder still?

Cheers!

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:27 pm

it is max low.basically the rear is going to have to stay at the height it is at right now because the offset of the rear wheels along with the tyres that are currently fitted it will contact the rear guards and make me very upset! i am going to look at possibly getting the rear wheels machined and possibly fitting some narrower tyres so that the sidewall stretches,i am already running prot rear arms that are 10mm narrower than t2.
cost is yet to be determined but he does need some building work done in his new shop so ime hoping to come to some arrangement.
welds are my chino crappy welder that is actually in my opinion better than a much more expensive item ive used recently

DR86
Forum Enthusiast

Postby DR86 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:10 pm

Machine the wheels? Man that would be a shame, cause they are sweet as! Stretch those mofo tyres ftw! Guess it's a good thing you can't go lower then, after all that work and years spent I think I would know how you would feel hearing scrub or CRUNCH! It would be suicidal. Might have to invest in one of those welders then, beats the crap out of my 'italian' one. POS.

How does it drive? Handling? Roll? Harsh? Is it even registered yet?

I'm having a beer for you as i write, good form man.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:13 am

if enything comes out of the wheels it will be like 3 or 4mm.i am really not a fan of the stretched tyre look so would rather avoid that.
the car badly needs a wheel alignment so ime not going to pass judgment just yet however the ride is very race car like but i do have the adjusters on the shocks turned all the way to hard :twisted: and shitty roads do worry me a bit the steering is super twitchy at the moment so ime hoping that the wheel alignment will fix that.i havent hit a corner at decent speed yet as the front coilovers werent right but ile have a go later today if i can find someone to do an alignment and this rain stops.
it has been registered the whole time.

spangleking
Forum Enthusiast

windscreen seal

Postby spangleking » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:22 am

Yes I have but I see you have it sussed. Most glass places just glue them in and thats it. The glass being a structural part of the cab as a whole. The seal they fit is nothing more than cosmetic air dam of a larger rubbery type than the orig black nylon/ plastic.

Your car is awesome did you chuck some fish oil into the yard to get at parts wheer rust may reocurr at welds etc ?

classichondasrule wrote:hi i spoke to honda UK about that part and they told no chance, :? so i have been looking to replace with an alternative but no luck yet, i'm checking it out some more on monday so i hope so, it would be nice for us all to have a replacement :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock: :) 8)

spangleking
Forum Enthusiast

windscreen trim

Postby spangleking » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:27 am

Sometimes you can get these parts under a different search process. You need a tame or cooperative assistant with the Honda parts list or similar parts supplier.
May get it under Honda Civic perhaps? Genrally they just look up the city turbo numbers and thats it ..not available.

Its also a matter of using common snese and looking at what other cars may have on them and enquiring what the parts are worth or go to a panel shop and ask if they have seen this or that on a newer model?
Take a sample with you when you go in.

What was that T section Glass rubber [now modified] you got?Is there apart number and what was the cost per metre in $AU?

ProT
Donating Member

Postby ProT » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:02 am

What spring rates did you end up going with front & rear?

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:51 pm

i have no idea what spring rates he gave me,i think that k sport use a different unit of measurement than most people he just said try these they are pretty hard but if you dont like them we will put in some softer ones.

spangleking,that rubber t section was just off the shelf from clark rubber i dont think it is specifically an automotive part.

Sub_Frequency
Forum Regular

nice1 bruv!

Postby Sub_Frequency » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:31 pm

truely amazing!
love the fab work you have put into this car to make it gleam!!! :shock:

have you got someone who will do some glammor pics of the car once she's all sorted?

get some flashy shots to do it some real justice :)

(not that there is anything wrong with what you've been posting mind you)

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:27 pm

thanks
yeah i cut and paste this build thread onto jdmstyletuning.com theres a few guys on there that want to go out on a photo shoot with my car but atleast at their end of month meet there is always one good photographer lurking.

Return to “General”