front mount

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
TURBOCITYCITY
Forum Enthusiast

front mount

Postby TURBOCITYCITY » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:01 pm

hey sorry to keep whoring the threads for answers but I just bought a new front mount for my t2 which is 450x300x76mm.. is this going to be an okay size for the 18.5-22psi boost I'm going to run? also the outlets on the intercooler are 76mm (3inch)... should I have all the piping 3inch to match it and reduce size at the engine end or should I have smaller piping and reduce it at the intercooler...

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:15 pm

How thick are the bars of the intercooler. Work out how much actual area the air has to pass through. Some of the narrow cores are the equivalent of a bit of 1.5" tubing. The one you have got sounds pretty good, fairly similar to the dimensions of mine.

You should definately run smaller piping than 3", I would go for 2". Sure it doesn't look quite a cool but 2" is plenty big enough.

si
Donating Member

Postby si » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:00 pm

General rule of thumb for cooler piping - make the hot side the same size as the turbo outlet. And for the cool side it should be the same size as the TB. There is no real point going bigger as it won't flow any more.

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:00 pm

si wrote:General rule of thumb for cooler piping - make the hot side the same size as the turbo outlet. And for the cool side it should be the same size as the TB. There is no real point going bigger as it won't flow any more.

Probably not a bad rule but personally I prefer to expand to 2" off the turbo. the 1 1/2" or 1 1/4" just looks so small!

Return to “General”