No Compression :(

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Justin
Forum Participant

No Compression :(

Postby Justin » Fri May 23, 2008 3:46 am

Well it seems it's died again.. the wife's TII powered 76 convertible is now running on 3cyl. # 4 is dead. I 1st thought it was spark, but it's good, the injector is firing, but no Compression on # 4, I'm pulling the head tonight. I was wondering if anybody else has had issues like that.. On the 1st head it burnt a valve and spun the bearing in the block :( I was wondering what the oem fuel pressure is suppose to be on the city turbo II? I threw a gauge on the line before we went on the road trip and at idle it's running 35psi at the rail and will increase with rpm. I'm seriously looking into pulling the whole thing and swapping a vtec d series with a jackson charger.. :cry:

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Fri May 23, 2008 10:21 am

35psi with the vacuum line pulled off the fuel reg is what its meant to run, maybe you have a leak in the vacuum line to the fuel reg or something?

It should be very low at idle because the manifold vacuum does most of the work. If you pull the hose off the reg it should be 35PSI, when you go into boost it will adjust it to maintain 35psi between the fuel and the manifold pressure.

Justin
Forum Participant

Postby Justin » Sat May 24, 2008 12:15 pm

I was looking at your post about enlarging the wastegate, I've never done this, and have a 2 1/4" exhaust right off the turbo. I notice when it's under boost it's sitting at 14-15psi.. do you think this would cause the melt down?

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Sun May 25, 2008 11:33 am

Nah, if your fuel systen is as good as factory anything below fuel cut is fine. Maybe you have weak flow? Even if the pressure is fine at idle.

Return to “General”