Carb'd Manifolds and the T1 Engine..

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
lx2si
Forum Participant

Carb'd Manifolds and the T1 Engine..

Postby lx2si » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:42 pm

Howdy all,

It may seem like a silly question, but will a carbed cvcc inlet manifold (cvcc city/EK etc) bolt up to a T1 engine? (with little to no mods)

I realize its a step backwards in performance terms but I do have my reasons lol.

I'm keen to chuck the T1 eng into an EB civic. But not too enthused about the mess of vacuum lines, sensors and looms and running 2 fuel pumps and an anti-surge tank etc.

SOOO, I was originally thinking of ditching the ER, finding an EK, bolting the ER zorst mani onto the EK and either picking a blow though or suck through set up using an SU carb (Rangi'd to a standard mani).

But then I thought, why not see if I can find a mani thats bolts onto the ER and SU-erize that. Make sense seeing as I already have the ER and it is set up for being boosted, unlike the EK.

It would make things alot easier for me, I am limited in experience/tools/money/time lol..

What ya reckon?

K1W1
Donating Member

Postby K1W1 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:53 am

Going back a bit ,I was trying to find twin carb set up for the Pro-t .Everyone
was quick to point out that because of the long stroke of the ER motor some form of boosting is the best way to go .On the other hand someone said there was a civic model that came out with a twin carb set up that with little mods would slot straight in there , someone even mentioned a four carb set up from a suzy motorbike . What about a supercharger from an MR2 or the mini ?Seems a shame tho that a T1 motor not being turboed . Good luck

lx2si
Forum Participant

Postby lx2si » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:08 pm

K1W1, perhaps I should have worded things better :wink:

I have every intention on keeping the T1 eng turbo, just considering swapping efi for a blow through setup 8)

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:18 pm

The cherade turbo is blow through... Why on earth take the efi away? unless you are doing an engine swap and don't have the wiring loom/computer.

The old civics had side rail webbers (not sure on exact terminology). They raced those bad boys.

mangusta
Forum Enthusiast

Postby mangusta » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:14 pm

The computer setup in the city turbo isn't particularly complex, as there is no body computer (immob etc) and no trans computer, you just need the vacuum box and the harness into the computer inside (and the main relay)

Other than that, it should be pretty straight forward, ask CJ, he put a turbo into a Cab not too long ago...

Return to “General”