My T1 Build Starts Here

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
3GCVC
Forum Addict

My T1 Build Starts Here

Postby 3GCVC » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:05 pm

Been a couple of weeks since i have brought my city down from storage it is quite rough and does need quite a lot of work,

today i took it for a warrant i knew most things that were wrong with it but just took it and let them pull it on everything they wanted lol.

I also picked up one crucial part of my build today. This is the turbo from a Rover 220i Turbo its a T25 plans are to make a new manifold to mount it and possibly might use an external gate.

Anyway i started off today put it up on stands.

First things first i gave it a clean i hate dirt and shit falling on me when im working and its always a good idea to get things clean so rust and other problems can be found/repaired easily.

Waterblaster is the best for this job, i also plan to take off the fenders and make sure there is no nasties behind there. like i found behind the rear bumper which is just surface rust i caught it at the right time.

Here is my first question this looked a little odd is the tension arm supposed to have bend in it upwards?

Thats all for today main plans for the car are:

Remove all rust.
Brake upgrade.
Turbo upgrade.
Top mount water to air intercooler
Get rid of the dog smell in the interior.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:41 pm

lol get rid of the dog smell
thats why i dont let my girlfriend in my cars enymore. :wink:

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:25 am

you've got quite a rebiuld there!

is it only me or does that tension arm, where it's bent appear to have been welded possibly?

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:32 am

Smithy wrote:you've got quite a rebiuld there!

is it only me or does that tension arm, where it's bent appear to have been welded possibly?

Pretty sure its ment to be bent so it goes straight through the arm at normal ride height, so its not stressing the bushings. And to me that looks like rust, not weld :?

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:45 pm

yeah the arm is covered in a combination of surface rust and under body sealer. the lower arm bush is a little weird looking like as if the arm has moved forward which is why i asked about the bend if its supposed to be there.

suppose a wheel alignment will tell me.

Good news though its looking pretty healthy behind the fenders i removed and cleaned behind. just some surface rust to sand blast and treat and should be no problems from this area.

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:33 pm

Removed most of the interior now just need to do the panels in the back ake sure there is no nasties behind there found some more cancer to take care of. looks like im actually going to need to put some patches in.

James

Postby James » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:40 pm

I am currently patching those exact bits of firewall on Roz's City :P Its a pain.

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:25 pm

damn these firewall pieces surely are fun to weld.

I have so far blasted all the surface rust from inside the fenders used Por15 and seam sealer then painted it black, welded up some cracks from crash damage in the lower fender section on the right side and a patch on the bottom of the a pillar. im most of the way through patching the corners

Welds are a bit shit in places, my patience was wearing a bit thin towards the end of the day lol

Got to meet deadline end of the month to get it back together enough to get the WOF

James

Postby James » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:49 pm

Haha that patch by the strut tower is identical to one Ive just done on the 'R'.

DODO
Donating Member

Postby DODO » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:43 am

good stuff, i enjoyed reading your posts, im have been doing pretty much the same thing, except for the welding (didnt have to) .. so yea il put my photos up once my project is fully finished, ive got the most interior bits n pieces lying around (in black) , give me a yell if you need any :lol:

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:19 pm

Hey thats great you didnt need to do any welding. i would suggest you use fish oil or something to rust proof the car while its apart.

Now that you mention it i could do with a mint cond black dash with all vents and nothing broken.

DODO
Donating Member

Postby DODO » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:52 pm

ive got most black parts here but they are not as new tho, but pretty good for its age. its from 84 city cab. i can send you some pictures if you are keen, PM me if you are interested n lets go from there =) where abouts are you tho? im in north shore =)

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:01 pm

Some pictures of what i was dealing with on the left side of the car.

Trust me when i say you dont ever want to do this, i suggest anyone with a city rust proofs it asap lol.

The right hand side is all done painted the top half and body deadened the whole wheel well from top to bottom hopefully no rust will be coming back now. Just need to wait for the Por15 to finish drying on the left side then i can body deaden that.

Sneak peak of the brakes to come, these are the biggest brakes that will fit under 13 inch wheels, master cylinder will be upgraded to suit.

spike10000
Forum Enthusiast

Postby spike10000 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:12 pm

What are the brakes from mate? Looking good by the way :wink:

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:36 am

they are 1st gen integra brakes GSi model. i had the option to put twin spot calipers on but the master booster combo wouldnt fit in the engine bay. there was also an option for 14inch wheels minimum but still the problem with the master booster not fitting and i want to run 13s

Return to “General”