normal vs Cabrio steel wheels question

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
KiwiCatherine
Forum Participant

normal vs Cabrio steel wheels question

Postby KiwiCatherine » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:29 pm

Hi folks, I recently bought a NON-turbo Cabrio (Jap import 1986 model)

It has fat-tish 170x60 or so wide 13 inch steel rims with plastic trims. I think the same tyre size the turboes have, but turboes might be on factory mags (oh hey my plastic wheel trims are pretty sad, where can I get some replacements ? Can I just get cheap ones on special at Supercheap that are held on with a different system ? These ones have a Honda emblem and are held on by the wheel nuts. 2 are very loose.

The spare wheel which came with my car is one of those stupid pretend spare tyres, about as big as what's on a shoppin' cart !

I's wondering, can I just get a normal Honda City basic hatchback model wheel (145x12 or so) ? I think their tyre is a higher profile so the ultimate diameter remains the same, right ?

I'd much prefer to use one of them as a spare, (instead of only having a "space-saver") as I may do longer drives in country areas on occasion

I also thought it'd be easier and cheaper to scare up a couple of ordinary City wheels with some visible tread, than trying to find the factory Cabrio fat non-mags

Note I'm not particularly interested in fitting mags (I only tootle along, I don't even drive like a little old lady, they go racing past me ! )

So, that's the question, can I just bung an ordinary 145x12 City hatch wheel on as a spare if need be ? (are various stud patterns and "offsets" etc all the same ?)

Return to “General”